Re: [Peterhead] Re: Street Directories

  • Anne Allan
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 31, 2008
      Debbie

      The information you are looking for can best be found by looking at the
      electoral register for Peterhead, for any year around that time. The
      ward is probably called Roanheads or Buchanhaven. These registers are
      held at the Aberdeen Archives in Dunbar Street, Aberdeen. Unfortunately
      they are not available online. They are open Monday - Wednesday and can
      be reached on 01224 481775. North Lane is such a small street they
      should be easy enough to find.

      Anne
      FHSB

      Debbie wrote:

      > Thanks Alison, But it's actually a surname I'm trying to find out.
      > When I lived in NOrth Lane there were 2 old ladies lived across from
      > me called Jess and Belle and I have no record of their surname. I left
      > North Lane approx 1976.
      >
      > Debs

    • Debbie
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
        Thank you all for your info.

        An extremely kind member emailed me with the details yesterday that I
        had been seeking, Thank you.

        Debs