shearer,clark,donald,noble,thomson

  • donut@xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 1999
      researching family from peterhead g.g.grand parents patrick SHEARER b.1872 st.nicholas (can't find a parish or town by that name,was it in peterhead?)and georgina DONALD b.1871 peterhead m. 1896 st.nicholas.georgina's parents andrew and mary PAPE m.1871 peterhead .no info on patrick's parents.
      other g.g.grandparents crawford noble CLARK b.1873 peterhead and lizzie THOMSON m.1895 st.nicholas.crawford's parents alexander and mary NOBLE.2 other sons alexander b.1863 and james b.1864.found a mary noble born in saint fergus which is close to peterhead b.1832 parents crawford NOBLE and mary HARDIE m.1826 old deer aberdeen and all 6 of their children were born in saint fergus .may be off track but i'm thinking that may be where the crawford name came in line? any help?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 1999
        Hi Greg,

        Welcome to the list.

        donut@... wrote:

        > researching family from peterhead g.g.grand parents patrick SHEARER b.1872 st.nicholas (can't find a parish or town by that name,was it in peterhead?)

        St.Nicholas is Aberdeen, parish number 161a

        and georgina DONALD b.1871 peterhead m. 1896 st.nicholas.georgina's
        parents andrew and mary PAPE m.1871 peterhead .no info on patrick's
        parents.
        > other g.g.grandparents crawford noble CLARK b.1873 peterhead

        I will have a look at the 1881 census for these, next time I get a
        chance (I have the 1881 census index CD on order).

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 11, 1999
          Hi Greg,

          donut@... wrote:

          > researching family from peterhead g.g.grand parents patrick SHEARER b.1872 st.nicholas (can't find a parish or town by that name,was it in peterhead?)

          1881 Census
          84 Leadside, Old Machar, Aberdeen (Vol. 168-2, District 7, page 7)
          John Shearer, married, 50, Dongal, Ireland
          Jane Shearer, married, 46, Aberdeen
          Helen Shearer, unmar, 22, Aberdeen
          Willamina Shearer, unmar, 18, Aberdeen
          Nancy Shearer, 16, Aberdeen
          John Shearer, 11, Aberdeen
          Isabella Shearer, 8, Aberdeen
          Patrick Shearer, 7, Aberdeen
          Charles Shearer, 1, Aberdeen

          nd georgina DONALD b.1871 peterhead m. 1896 st.nicholas.georgina's
          parents andrew and mary PAPE m.1871 peterhead .no info on patrick's
          parents.

          Not sure if this is yours.
          28 Jamaica Street, Peterhead (Vol. 232-1, District 11, page 11)
          Andrew Donald, married, 30, Kintore, Aberdeenshire
          Jane Donald, married, 27, Kinellear, Aberdeenshire
          Georgina Donald, 9, Peterhead
          Andrew Donald, 7, Peterhead
          William Donald, 4, Peterhead
          Clementina Donald, 2, Peterhead

          > other g.g.grandparents crawford noble CLARK b.1873 peterhead

          St.Peters Street, Gutheries Buildings, Peterhead (Vol. 232-1, District
          8, page 14)
          Alexander Clark, married, 42, Peterhead
          Mary Clark, married, 44, St.Fergus Banffshire
          James Clark, 15, Peterhead
          Williamina Clark, 11, Peterhead
          Crawford Clark, 8, Peterhead
          Robert Clark, 4, Peterhead