Re: Newspaper Reports

  • Pauline Cordiner
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 28, 2008
      Hi Alison,Alexander's wife was Mary Janet Cordiner (her maiden name also!)She died on 15 April 1898 at Aberdeen Royal Lunatic Asylum at which point Alexander was still alive.I've tried looking through the papers at the Central Library, but never got far...

      Regards,
      Pauline

      2a.

      Re: Newspaper Reports

      Posted by: "ALISON KENNEDY"
      alison2kennedy@...

      alison501012

      Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:40 pm (PDT)

      Pauline

      Unfortunately neither of the old editions of the Aberdeen Journal or
      the Buchan Observer are available on-line. If you live in Aberdeen you
      can however access them at the Central Library, Rosemount Viaduct, but
      without knowing a date for the death of your g-grandfather then you are
      literally looking for a needle in a haystack as it can take a long time
      to get through a years' worth of newspapers.

      What was the name of Alexander Cordiner's wife?

      Alison

      Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:02:12 +0000

      From: Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com

      To: Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com

      Subject: [Peterhead] Digest Number 1681

      This mailing list is available to anyone with an interest or researching ancestors from Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Th

      This mailing list is available to anyone with an interest or researching ancestors from Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Th

      Messages In This Digest (7

      Messages)