Stephen Family

  • Shelley Steven
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 1999
      Thank you for allowing me to access your Peterhead information. I have been given a family tree by an older relative that goes back to James Stephen, born May 15, 1805, and Ann Cordiner, born Nov. 22, 1806, married Feb. 16, 1828.
      Their children: George, b. May 28, 1829 - Nov 18 1903
      Ann, b. Sept. 3, 1831 - Dec. 4, 1919
      James, b. Feb 4, 1834 - Apr 23, 1925
      Alexander, b. Aug 13, 1836 - mar 4, 1913
      Robert, b. Aug 2, 1841 - Jan 3, 1928
      Andrew, b. Aug 17, 1850 - Mar 15, 1934

      James Stephen's, (b. 1805) father George evidently served with Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar where they both lost eyes.

      Robert married Alicia West, b. Aug 28, 1846 in Portsoy
      children: Robert, b. Jan 16, 1869, Married cousin Elsie Stephen
      chn: Robert John, Elsie & John
      Alice Margaret, b. May 4, 1870, Married George Simpson
      Susan Ann, b. June 21, 1872, Married Donald C. Murray
      Henrietta, b. July 15, 1874, Married William Tall
      chn: William, Alice, Teresa, Jack, Lydia
      James Garden, b. Sept 14, 1876, Married mary Watret
      ch: Margaret
      William Andrew, b. Dec 22, 1878
      Agnes Jane, b. Apr 9, 1880, Married Charles Robertson
      ch: Alice, Married Russell Badham (chn: Jennifer, Lorraine)
      Thomas Hutchison, b. Dec 20, 1881, Married Violet
      chn: Reita, Robert
      George Craib, b. Nov 12, 1884, married Miss M. Scott
      chn: Ian, Scott
      Elsie Gordon, b. May 12, 1887, married Thomas Young
      chn: Elizabeth, Nan and Bob
      Sarah Elizabeth, b. Feb. 17, 1889, married Herbert Langley
      chn: Helen, Ian, Jean, William
      John Clark, b. Feb 6, 1893, married Jessie McLean
      chn: Nancy Jean, b. Mar 28, 1927 and Ian William McLean, b. Jan 19,
      1925 (my father-in-law)

      I would be very appreciative if you could confirm any of these dates for me, or add any to my list.

      I'm particularly interested in knowing the names of James Stephen's (b. May 15, 1805) parents and their date of marriage.

      Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

      ps. My father-in-law Ian says he met a young man named "Buchan" 20-some years ago in Vancouver, B.C. up Grouse Mountain and they determined that they were related.

      Regards from Vancouver Island, Canada

      Shelley Stephen