Re: Tracing Graves

  • Debbie
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2008
      Roy,

      A million thank yous !!! That sounds like the grave ! I
      have no contact with my natural father so i cannot get the details
      from him. I still have some of my maternal side of the family in
      Peterhead and I hope to visit in the next year or so. This means I can
      now visit my grandparents grave for the first time. This means a lot
      to me.
      Roy, once again, Thank you very much.

      Deb x

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Henderson, Roy" <roy.henderson@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi again Debbie,
      >

      > I have the following inscription from the Constitution Street Cemetery:
      >

      > "Erected in loving memory of Margaret Milne who died 10th Dec 1985 aged
      > 75 years beloved wife of James Will who died 14th April 1987 aged 74
      > years also his mother Isabella Goodbrand who died 10th March 1934 aged
      > 47 years"
      >

      > I cannot guarantee the accuracy because I have not actually visited the
      > stone.
      >

      > Regards,
      >

      > Roy

      confidential, and protected from disclosure.
      > This message is intended for the individual or entity addressed
      herein. If you are not the intended recipient,
      > please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to
      others. Also please notify the sender by
      > replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. The
      sender totally disclaims, and will not
      > accept, any responsibility or liability for the unauthorized use, or
      the consequences of any unauthorized use,
      > of this communication or message.

    • Henderson, Roy
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4, 2008
        You're more than welcome Debbie. Constitution Street is quite a large
        cemetery so you may need some assistance in finding the actual lair -
        unless your maternal relatives can show you where it is. If not, then
        the Registrar will be able to help you when you eventually make your
        trip to Peterhead.

        You might want also to take a look at the FHSB website at
        http://www.fhsb.org.uk <http://www.fhsb.org.uk/> - the FHSB can do
        local research on your behalf.

        Best regards,

        Roy

        ________________________________

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Peterhead%40yahoogroups.com> ,

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2008
          Thanks for the Link Roy. It's lovely to look through. I was brought up
          in Buchanhaven in the early 70's and haven't been back for years.

          Cheers

          Debbie

          wrote:

          > You're more than welcome Debbie. Constitution Street is quite a large
          > cemetery so you may need some assistance in finding the actual lair -
          > unless your maternal relatives can show you where it is. If not, then
          > the Registrar will be able to help you when you eventually make your
          > trip to Peterhead.
          >

          > You might want also to take a look at the FHSB website at
          > http://www.fhsb.org.uk <http://www.fhsb.org.uk/> - the FHSB can do
          > local research on your behalf.
          >

          > Best regards,
          >

          > Roy
          >

          > ________________________________

        • C & J Hinricks
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 6, 2008
            Hi Roy
            Thank you for posting the FHSB web site. I plan to visit Peterhead, the birth place of my grandfather, next year. I contacted the chairperson of FHSB and she was very helpful with information which will make my visit much easier.
            Regards
            Janet Hinricks
            New Zealand

          • Henderson, Roy
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 7, 2008
              I'm glad the link was useful Janet. The FHSB will soon be celebrating
              its first birthday and is attracting new members every month. As you
              have so kindly mentioned, the Society is always happy to help with
              requests for assistance and can provide potential visitors with useful
              local information to help maximise the benefit of a visit. I am sure the
              Society would also be delighted to welcome you as one of our most
              geographically distant members!

              As you begin to firm up your travel plans feel free to come back with
              any further questions ...

              Regards,

              Roy