Re: McKenzie

  • Isobel Buchan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 3:48 AM
      -----Original Message-----
      From: MATTHEW PARSNICK <matt4217@...>
      To: Peterhead@onelist.com <Peterhead@onelist.com>
      Date: Monday, 31 May 1999 6:21
      Subject: [Peterhead] McKenzie

      >From: MATTHEW PARSNICK <matt4217@...>
      >
      >Hi all,
      >
      >I have a couple questions that maybe someone can help me with.
      >1. Was there a William and Margaret McKenzie in the 1891 census?

      If you can get to an LDS Family History Centre, they may have the 1891
      census you can check.

      2. Are there any Catholic churches in or near Peterhead?

      >Thanks,
      >-Matt

      Yes, there is St. Mary's Catholic Church in St Peter St. Peterhead.

      Hope this is of help.

      Isobel Buchan

      >Looking to expand your world?
      >http://www.onelist.com
      >ONElist has over 150,000 e-mail communities from which to chose!
    • Gweneth Myers
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2003
        G'day all,
        For the past few years I have been researching Peter McKenzie (born about 1826 in Peterhead) who married Ann Campbell (born 1833 Banffshire) in 1852 in Peterhead. I have stopped and started this line many times because it was too difficult. Although Peter McKenzie is not such a common name, I cannot find his birth or parentage to date but I do know he emigrated to Australia about 1859 (his wife Ann arrived in Sept. 1861 with their 3 children and her papers said her husband had been here 2 years). I have traces of him in Australia and then he disappeared from the face of the earth. His eldest daughter married in 1875 and as she was only 20 years old, her mother had to sign for permission to marry due to her father being out of the Colony at the time. I was able to find the "right" Ann Campbell's birth when I got her emigration papers (plus lots of her siblings). I have an Australian death certificate (1888) for the wrong Peter McKenzie whose parents were Alexander McKenzie and
        Christian Grant and I would be happy to pass it on to his family connections.
        Regards
        Gweneth