RE: [Peterhead] Tracing Graves

  • Henderson, Roy
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2008
      Do you have approximate dates of death Debbie and do you happen to know
      which of the 4 cemeteries they are buried in?

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2008
        Hi again Debbie,

        I have the following inscription from the Constitution Street Cemetery:

        "Erected in loving memory of Margaret Milne who died 10th Dec 1985 aged
        75 years beloved wife of James Will who died 14th April 1987 aged 74
        years also his mother Isabella Goodbrand who died 10th March 1934 aged
        47 years"

        I cannot guarantee the accuracy because I have not actually visited the
        stone.

        Regards,

        Roy

        ===============================
        CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION

        of this communication or message.

      • Debbie
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2008
          Roy,

          A million thank yous !!! That sounds like the grave ! I
          have no contact with my natural father so i cannot get the details
          from him. I still have some of my maternal side of the family in
          Peterhead and I hope to visit in the next year or so. This means I can
          now visit my grandparents grave for the first time. This means a lot
          to me.
          Roy, once again, Thank you very much.

          Deb x

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Henderson, Roy" <roy.henderson@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi again Debbie,
          >

          > I have the following inscription from the Constitution Street Cemetery:
          >

          > "Erected in loving memory of Margaret Milne who died 10th Dec 1985 aged
          > 75 years beloved wife of James Will who died 14th April 1987 aged 74
          > years also his mother Isabella Goodbrand who died 10th March 1934 aged
          > 47 years"
          >

          > I cannot guarantee the accuracy because I have not actually visited the
          > stone.
          >

          > Regards,
          >

          > Roy

          confidential, and protected from disclosure.
          > This message is intended for the individual or entity addressed
          herein. If you are not the intended recipient,
          > please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to
          others. Also please notify the sender by
          > replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. The
          sender totally disclaims, and will not
          > accept, any responsibility or liability for the unauthorized use, or
          the consequences of any unauthorized use,

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 4, 2008
            You're more than welcome Debbie. Constitution Street is quite a large
            cemetery so you may need some assistance in finding the actual lair -
            unless your maternal relatives can show you where it is. If not, then
            the Registrar will be able to help you when you eventually make your
            trip to Peterhead.

            You might want also to take a look at the FHSB website at
            http://www.fhsb.org.uk <http://www.fhsb.org.uk/> - the FHSB can do
            local research on your behalf.

            Best regards,

            Roy

            ________________________________

            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Peterhead%40yahoogroups.com> ,

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2008
              Thanks for the Link Roy. It's lovely to look through. I was brought up
              in Buchanhaven in the early 70's and haven't been back for years.

              Cheers

              Debbie

              wrote:

              > You're more than welcome Debbie. Constitution Street is quite a large
              > cemetery so you may need some assistance in finding the actual lair -
              > unless your maternal relatives can show you where it is. If not, then
              > the Registrar will be able to help you when you eventually make your
              > trip to Peterhead.
              >

              > You might want also to take a look at the FHSB website at
              > http://www.fhsb.org.uk <http://www.fhsb.org.uk/> - the FHSB can do
              > local research on your behalf.
              >

              > Best regards,
              >

              > Roy
              >

              > ________________________________

            • C & J Hinricks
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 6, 2008
                Hi Roy
                Thank you for posting the FHSB web site. I plan to visit Peterhead, the birth place of my grandfather, next year. I contacted the chairperson of FHSB and she was very helpful with information which will make my visit much easier.
                Regards
                Janet Hinricks
                New Zealand

              • Henderson, Roy
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 7, 2008
                  I'm glad the link was useful Janet. The FHSB will soon be celebrating
                  its first birthday and is attracting new members every month. As you
                  have so kindly mentioned, the Society is always happy to help with
                  requests for assistance and can provide potential visitors with useful
                  local information to help maximise the benefit of a visit. I am sure the
                  Society would also be delighted to welcome you as one of our most
                  geographically distant members!

                  As you begin to firm up your travel plans feel free to come back with
                  any further questions ...

                  Regards,

                  Roy