Tracing Graves

  • Debbie
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2008
      Hello All,

      I'm just wondering if there's any way I can trace the
      Graves of my Grandparents ? They are as far as I'm aware buried in
      Peterhead, but as I am in Belfast I have no way of accessing the
      records in Peterhead. They were James and Margaret Will, formerly of
      Churchill Drive.
      Any info would be gratefully recieved.

      Debs .
    • Henderson, Roy
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2008
        Do you have approximate dates of death Debbie and do you happen to know
        which of the 4 cemeteries they are buried in?

        ________________________________

        I'm just wondering if there's any way I can trace the
        Graves of my Grandparents ? They are as far as I'm aware buried in
        Peterhead, but as I am in Belfast I have no way of accessing the
        records in Peterhead. They were James and Margaret Will, formerly of
        Churchill Drive.
        Any info would be gratefully recieved.

        Debs .

        ===============================
        CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION

        of this communication or message.

      • Henderson, Roy
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2008
          Hi again Debbie,

          I have the following inscription from the Constitution Street Cemetery:

          "Erected in loving memory of Margaret Milne who died 10th Dec 1985 aged
          75 years beloved wife of James Will who died 14th April 1987 aged 74
          years also his mother Isabella Goodbrand who died 10th March 1934 aged
          47 years"

          I cannot guarantee the accuracy because I have not actually visited the
          stone.

          Regards,

          Roy

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 4, 2008
            Roy,

            A million thank yous !!! That sounds like the grave ! I
            have no contact with my natural father so i cannot get the details
            from him. I still have some of my maternal side of the family in
            Peterhead and I hope to visit in the next year or so. This means I can
            now visit my grandparents grave for the first time. This means a lot
            to me.
            Roy, once again, Thank you very much.

            Deb x

            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Henderson, Roy" <roy.henderson@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi again Debbie,
            >

            > I have the following inscription from the Constitution Street Cemetery:
            >

            > "Erected in loving memory of Margaret Milne who died 10th Dec 1985 aged
            > 75 years beloved wife of James Will who died 14th April 1987 aged 74
            > years also his mother Isabella Goodbrand who died 10th March 1934 aged
            > 47 years"
            >

            > I cannot guarantee the accuracy because I have not actually visited the
            > stone.
            >

            > Regards,
            >

            > Roy

            confidential, and protected from disclosure.
            > This message is intended for the individual or entity addressed
            herein. If you are not the intended recipient,
            > please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to
            others. Also please notify the sender by
            > replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. The
            sender totally disclaims, and will not
            > accept, any responsibility or liability for the unauthorized use, or
            the consequences of any unauthorized use,

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2008
              You're more than welcome Debbie. Constitution Street is quite a large
              cemetery so you may need some assistance in finding the actual lair -
              unless your maternal relatives can show you where it is. If not, then
              the Registrar will be able to help you when you eventually make your
              trip to Peterhead.

              You might want also to take a look at the FHSB website at
              http://www.fhsb.org.uk <http://www.fhsb.org.uk/> - the FHSB can do
              local research on your behalf.

              Best regards,

              Roy

              ________________________________

              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Peterhead%40yahoogroups.com> ,

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 4, 2008
                Thanks for the Link Roy. It's lovely to look through. I was brought up
                in Buchanhaven in the early 70's and haven't been back for years.

                Cheers

                Debbie

                wrote:

                > You're more than welcome Debbie. Constitution Street is quite a large
                > cemetery so you may need some assistance in finding the actual lair -
                > unless your maternal relatives can show you where it is. If not, then
                > the Registrar will be able to help you when you eventually make your
                > trip to Peterhead.
                >

                > You might want also to take a look at the FHSB website at
                > http://www.fhsb.org.uk <http://www.fhsb.org.uk/> - the FHSB can do
                > local research on your behalf.
                >

                > Best regards,
                >

                > Roy
                >

                > ________________________________

              • C & J Hinricks
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 6, 2008
                  Hi Roy
                  Thank you for posting the FHSB web site. I plan to visit Peterhead, the birth place of my grandfather, next year. I contacted the chairperson of FHSB and she was very helpful with information which will make my visit much easier.
                  Regards
                  Janet Hinricks
                  New Zealand

                • Henderson, Roy
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 7, 2008
                    I'm glad the link was useful Janet. The FHSB will soon be celebrating
                    its first birthday and is attracting new members every month. As you
                    have so kindly mentioned, the Society is always happy to help with
                    requests for assistance and can provide potential visitors with useful
                    local information to help maximise the benefit of a visit. I am sure the
                    Society would also be delighted to welcome you as one of our most
                    geographically distant members!

                    As you begin to firm up your travel plans feel free to come back with
                    any further questions ...

                    Regards,

                    Roy