JOHN PATERSON

  • nkp1936
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2008
      Our first ancestor to arrive in Canada was JOHN PATERSON. He was in
      Wolfe's army and arrived in the 1758 to 1762 timeframe. Following his
      military service, he settled in the Gaspe Peninsula, in eastern Quebec
      in 1764 or 1765.
      We don't know where he lived in Scotland, but, since another Gaspe
      settler came from Peterhead, we are wondering if our ancestor also
      lived there.
      I would appreciate any help in trying to determine if Peterhead was the
      original home of John Paterson.

      Nelson Patterson