1st post

  • margaret339587
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2008
      Hi, this is my first post. My mother's family mostly came from
      Peterhead, her father was Thomas Bruce, b.14.10.1885 and mother
      Margaret Chisholm b.4.11.1890, both born in Peterhead. My
      grandmothers' father was John Chisholm, a merchant seaman who died in
      1907, he travelled all over the world but I would like to know how to
      find out which ships he sailed on, and where he is buried. There is
      also a small mystery regarding my grandfather's older brother. Family
      legend has it that he was a fisherman (as were most of my male
      ancestors) and that his boat went down just off Buchanhaven, within
      sight of the families there, including my grandfather who was a boy of
      12 - 15 at the time, around 1895 - 1900. I don't know the name of the
      boat or that of my great-uncle, but I wondered if anyone knew of this
      event, and could give me more details. I would be most grateful.
      I have quite a few photographs of Peterhead from the 50's and 60's
      which I will scan and post quite soon.
      I would also be very interested in joining the Peterhead society, as I
      live in Edinburgh and would like to start going up again.
      Maggie