Re: [Peterhead] Shipping

  • Marie Cooper
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2008
      I have been trying to find where Alexander Florence sailed from to Sth Australia. I have had several kind and helpful replies but unfortunately as he paid his own passage it is hard to find the ship or date
      of his arrival. I am trying to fill the gap between what I know of his birth and last place he was in Scotland 1841 Peterhead census and when he married Sth Australia 1852. The records for Sth Australia are not as helpful as Victoria's record keeping so this is the problem. Another way around it is anyone researching this family who were living in Peterhead around the early 1840's till 1860 or perhaps latter. What I have

      James Florence 41 blacksmith
      Mary Florence 34 wife
      George Florence 6yrs
      Mary Florence 10 yrs
      John Florence 12 yrs
      Alexander Florence 24

      Anyone researching this family I would be glad of any help and share what I have