Re: ARBUTHNOT 1851 census

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 1999
      Hi Val,

      Sorry for the delay.

      Val Lowrie wrote:

      > Would you mind looking up the 1851 Census Index for the details of
      > 1. George ARBUTHNOT and family, 67 Marischal St,

      No George in Marischal Street, only one age 19 at 13 Maiden Street. If
      this is yours let me know.

      > 2. David MITCHELL, 68 Marischal St and

      No David in Marischal Street, only one age 2 in St.Peter Street.

      > 3. Helen ARBUTHNOT, nee DAVIDSON 31 Queen St.

      No Helen Arbuthnots in Peterhead. No Helen Davidsons in Queen Street.

      Researching ancestors from Peterhead, Aberdeenshire?
      Visit Peterhead Genealogy http://axs.com.au/~wsb
    • Val Lowrie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 13, 1999
        Hi Wade
        Hope all is sorted out and that I'm here to stay this time!
        Thank you for reply to my 1851 census queries some time ago.

        In the 1851 Census again would there be a Susan Torry MITCHELL, wife of George ARBUTHNOT living at 67 Marischal St Peterhead.?
        .She died in 1859 and he died in 1861 both at the above address.

        Also re the seaman's list, would you mind giving me the information on
        John LOWRIE b. 1821 Peterhead 106324
        John LAWRENCE b. 1825 Peterhead and 106312
        Thomas LAWRENCE, b. 1818 Lonmay. 106374

        Thank you

        Kind regards
        Val Lowrie.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 20, 1999
          Hi Val,

          Val Lowrie wrote:

          > In the 1851 Census again would there be a Susan Torry MITCHELL, wife
          > of George ARBUTHNOT living at 67 Marischal St Peterhead.?
          > .She died in 1859 and he died in 1861 both at the above address.

          1851 Census, District 9, page 23, No.121, Marischal Street
          Susan T. Arburnot, wife, 29, Peterhead
          George Arburnot, son, 1, Peterhead
          (not sure if I transcribed this incorrectly, or this is the way it was
          spelt in the census).

          No.122
          Helen Mitchell, wife, 35, Peterhead
          Susan E. Mitchell, daughter, 11, Peterhead
          George Mitchell, son, 10, Peterhead
          James Mitchell, son, 8, Peterhead
          William Mitchell, son, 6, Peterhead
          Helen D. Mitchell, daughter, 4, Peterhead
          Mary D. H. Mitchell, daughter, 1, Peterhead
          Helen Davidson, mother-in-law, 51, Peterhead
          Jean McKenzie, servant, 19, Peterhead
          Margaret Robb, servant, 18, Peterhead

          Page. 22, Mo.120
          James Mitchell, head, 67, Peterhead
          Susan Mitchell, wife, 69, Peterhead

          > Also re the seaman's list, would you mind giving me the information
          > on
          > John LOWRIE b. 1821 Peterhead 106324

          106324, John Lowrie, born May 1821 Peterhead, Capacity: Blacksmith
          Height 5 ft 8 in Hair Brown
          Complexion Dark Eyes Dark
          Marks None
          First went to sea as Blacksmith in the Year 1843
          Has served in the Royal Navy: No
          Has been in Foreign Service: No
          When unemployed, resides at: Peterhead
          Issued at Peterhead 3 March 1845
          Age when ticketed: 24
          Can Write: Yes

          > John LAWRENCE b. 1825 Peterhead and 106312

          106312, John Lawrence, born 13 October 1825 Peterhead, Capacity:
          Apprentice
          Height 5 ft 6 1/2 in Hair Light
          Complexion Ruddy Eyes Grey
          Marks None
          First went to sea as Apprentice in the Year 1842
          Has served in the Royal Navy No
          Has been in Foreign Service No
          When unemployed, resides at Fraserburgh
          Issued at Peterhead 30 January 1845
          Age when ticketed 20
          Can Write Yes

          > Thomas LAWRENCE, b. 1818 Lonmay. 106374

          106374, Thomas Lawrence, born 9 October 1818 Lonmay, Capacity: Seaman &
          Cooper
          Height 5 ft 7 in Hair Brown
          Complexion Fair Eyes Grey
          Marks None
          First went to sea as Seaman in the Year 1845
          Has served in the Royal Navy No
          Has been in Foreign Service No
          When unemployed, resides at Peterhead
          Issued at Peterhead 26 Februar 1845
          Age when ticketed 27
          Can Write No

          Regards, Wade.
        • Val Lowrie
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 26, 1999
            Hi Wade

            Many thanks for the info from the 1851 census and the Seamen's list.

            Would you believe the little word 'mother-in-law' was the all-important
            connection in the whole thing!!

            Kind regards

            Val Lowrie