Shipmasters: Dunn, Davidson and Whittet

  • thebigknights
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2008
      Hi there,
      I noticed from an old post, that a member was compiling a list of
      shipmasters from Peterhead. I've tried contacting them, without success.

      I am researching several ancestors who were involved in this line and
      wondered if anyone had further information:
      Peter Dunn (shipmaster) married Peterhead 1804 to Ann Forrest.
      Robert Davidson (born c1796 shipmaster) married in Peterhead 1825 to
      Helen Dunn (daughter of Peter Dunn).
      James Whittet (1816 - before 1881 shipmaster) married Perth 1858 to Ann
      Davidson (from Peterhead, daughter of Robert Davidson).
      Thomas Whittet (father of James Whittet, Boat builder, Newburgh, Fife
      1795 - 1866).
      Any help greatly appreciated.