Re: New subscriber seeks information

    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 1999
      Fit like Susan ?

      Welcome to the list.

      David Ritchie wrote:

      > I have lived in Peterhead all my life and most of my family are
      > descended from Peterhead/Buchanhaven families. I am descended from
      > Stephens, Reids and Buchans to name but a few of the branches I am
      > trung to discover more about.

      Then we are probably related. I've found a connection to most of the
      Buchans, Bruces and Strachans from Buchanhaven. Are you related to Alex
      Ritchie in Renfrewshire?

      > I am trying to trac einformation about my mothers family who lived at
      > 6 High Street, Buchanhaven around1900(?).

      Were they Stephens? From the 1891 census for Peterhead
      6 High Street, Buchanhaven
      Andrew Stephen, head, married, age 42, Fisherman, born Peterhead
      Jeanie Stephen, wife, married, 48, Fisherman's Wife, Peterhead
      Jessie Stephen, daughter, Peterhead
      Andrew Stephen, son, 15, fisherman, Peterhead
      George Stephen, son, 10, scholar, Peterhead
      David Stephen, son, 13, scholar, Peterhead
      William Stephen, son, 6, scholar, Peterhead
      Alexander Stephen, son, 3, Peterhead

      > The most interesting person is a Mr John (Crock) Buchan who had a very
      > interesting and exiting life.

      Are you connected to any Arthur Buchans?

      > I am also tryng to find out about other branches of my family but this
      > is my starting point.

      Well you are living in the right place to start. What do you know about
      your ancestors so far?