Re: [Peterhead] George Simpson Murray

  • Ken May
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2008
      Hi folks.
      I see a witness was George Milne. Would that be the George Milne of Hillhead o' Cocklaw?
      His daughter Jan(n)et Milne married John May.
      Regards
      Ken May

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 11, 2008
        Hello Ken and Malcolm,

        Thank you so much for your input to my post - your replies make very
        interesting reading. I just wish I could find this George Murray's
        death record to confirm (or not) that he is my gg grandfather.

        Kind regards,
        Annette

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, <malcolm.simpson@...> wrote:

        > Hello Nel,
        > George Simpson (shipmaster of "Traveller")and John Murray
        appear to have been very good friends hence John Murray calling his
        son George Simpson Murray and George Simpson having John Murray as
        witness to some of his childrens baptism.
        > Alexander Simpson Master of the "Eclipse" when she was lost in the
        ice in 1858 was George Simpson's youngest son.