Re: [Peterhead] Family Names: Mackie & Gibson

  • doris Cruickshank
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2008
      Ian,
      Sorry to be so slow it responding to your question.
      I'm not tracing any Mackies but one does show up in
      business with a relation in Portland, Oregon, USA.

      David Cruickshank and William Mackie had a Flour and
      Feed store in Portland from 1897 through 1904. The
      business changed names in 1905.

      David Cruickshank moved by 1905 and started farming in
      Washington County, Oregon.

      William Mackie disappears from the records that I've
      looked at.

      However, David did name one of his sons, William
      Mackie Cruickshank.

      David did come from the Peterhead area as did his
      brother James, who is the relation I'm most interested
      in.

      doris in Oregon