for Richard Collinson

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2008
      Hi Richard,
      Sorry I've taken so long to answer, the hockey season has started.
      You might already have this info but here's what I found.

      I surmised this is the right Amelia Bodie who married David Cardno in 1820, this is what Ancestry had, as one of the birth entries had the entry of a daughter named Amelia.

      14 Sept 1828 David Cardno, Sailor in Peterhead a son David
      wit William Urquhart and William McLeod

      19 Dec 1832 David Cardno, Seaman in Peterhead a son Adam
      wit John Cardno and William McLeod

      David Cardno, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Amelia
      bap 15 Oct 1837
      before William McLeod and Alexander Cardno

      30 Nov 1823 David Cardno, Sailor in Peterhead a dau Ann
      wit John and Adam Cardno
      (this "might" be the same Adam Cardno and a relative.
      10 Dec 1826 Adam Cardno, Sailor in Peterhead a dau Ann
      wit Alexander and David Cardno)

      4 Dec 1825 David Cardno, Sailor in Peterhead a son William
      wit Alexander Cardno and James Clark

      David Cardno, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Mary Cowie
      bap 18 July 1835
      before Alexander Cardno and William McLeod

      1841 census Peterhead
      Castle Street
      Amelia Cardno, head, mar, 42, Seamans wife, brn Aberdeen
      Elizabeth Cardnoi, dau, 10, scholar, brn Aberdeen
      Adam Cardno, son, 8, scholar, brn Aberdeen
      Margaret Cardno, dau, 6, scholar, brn Aberdeen
      Jean Cardno, dau, 1, brn Aberdeen

      1851
      10 Crooked Lane, Peterhead
      Amelia Cardno, head, mar, 50, Seamans wife, brn Peterhead
      Ann Cardno, dau, 26, Seamstress, brn Peterhead
      Jane Cardno, dau, 11, scholar, brn Peterhead

      You say one of the daughters married John Cramond and went to Australia.
      This entry for the 1861 census.

      1861
      8 Castle Street, Peterhead
      John Cardno, head, mar, 47, Coal merchant, brn Peterhead
      Janet Cardno, wife, mar, 47, brn Peterhead
      John Cardno, son, 18, Coal merch asst, brn Peterhead
      Allan Cardno, son, 11, scholar, brn Peterhead
      Amelia Cardno, dau, 5, scholar, brn British Subject, Australia

      I'll see what else I can find.

      Best wishes,
      Catherine
      Perth, Western Australia