Re: [Peterhead] Peterhead Leslie's

  • Mary Barnes
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2008
      Hi Colin

      I've just noticed a couple of typos in the census data I sent you.
      The first set (in Jamaica Street) is from 1851.
      The next set (Maiden Street) is from 1861.
      Sorry for my carelessness.

      I have no idea which were wealthy or well-to-do parts of Peterhead in
      the mid 19th century, but I would dearly love to know. I have
      ancestors who moved from Merchant Street, to Queen Street to Back Gate
      between one census and the next. I have a suspicion that the move to
      Back Gate may indicate a fall in the family fortunes, but don't know
      how to find out. Can anyone help?

      Mary

      Mary Barnes
      marysb@...