Family Names: Mackie & Gibson

  • parrishian
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25 11:26 PM
      Is anyone tracing Mackie's? Parents William Mackie & Helen Gibson lived
      in Crimond. Son Alexander Mackie married Margaret Gibson. Alexander &
      Margaret emigrated to Canada and are buried in the Ringwood Cemetery,
      Blenheim, Oxford County, Ontario, Canada.

      Ian Parrish
    • doris Cruickshank
      Message 2 of 2 , May 18, 2008
        Ian,
        Sorry to be so slow it responding to your question.
        I'm not tracing any Mackies but one does show up in
        business with a relation in Portland, Oregon, USA.

        David Cruickshank and William Mackie had a Flour and
        Feed store in Portland from 1897 through 1904. The
        business changed names in 1905.

        David Cruickshank moved by 1905 and started farming in
        Washington County, Oregon.

        William Mackie disappears from the records that I've
        looked at.

        However, David did name one of his sons, William
        Mackie Cruickshank.

        David did come from the Peterhead area as did his
        brother James, who is the relation I'm most interested
        in.

        doris in Oregon