Re: [Peterhead] Chalmers family of St Fergus and Peterhead

  • Mary Barnes
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11, 2008
      Hi Richard,

      Today I found Alexander Chalmers' birth in the OPR on ScotlandsPeople.
      His parents were John Chalmers and Jean Innes. He was born 4/4/1770
      and baptised 6/4/1770. I'm fairly confident, but not 100%, that this
      is the correct Alexander Chalmers.

      A search of the OPR index for children of either sex, born to John
      Chalmers and Jean Innes in St Fergus over a very wide range of years
      revealed the following other children: Margaret 30/08/1771, Anna
      04/05/1774, John 02/08/1776 and Esther 26/06/1781. I haven't got the
      actual register images, so don't know whether these are birth or
      baptism dates.

      There wasn't an Isabella, and your Isabella couldn't be the daughter
      of Alexander's brother John as she was born in 1786 and he in 1776. So
      maybe there's no connection between our trees.

      Mary