James Duthie Strachan

  • Linda Adam
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2008
      James Duthie STRACHAN was the son of John Ingles STRACHAN & Margaret Fraser
      DUTHIE, born abt 1928 in Peterhead. He was married to Jean Cowe.

      James died in Peterhead in 1999. I am not aware of any children he & Jean
      may have had or of any siblings.

      I wonder if any list member living in the Peterhead area may know of James
      and could possibly assist me in locating any living family members.

      Cheers,
      Linda Adam

    • Linda Adam
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2008
        I have received a copy of James Duthie Strachan's death certificate and
        wonder if any list member in the Peterhead can be of assistance.

        Death registered in Peterhead.
        James Duthie Strachan, 71, Telephonist (Retired), Ugie Hospital, Peterhead
        May 15, 1999
        Usual residence: 10 Balmoor Terrace, Peterhead
        Cause: 1a. Bronchopneumonia 1b. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
        Certifying registered medical practitioner: Bruce Strachan
        Spouse: Jean Buchan Cowe
        Parents: John Inglis Strachan, Railway Clerk (deceased) & Margaret Fraser
        Duthie (m.s.) or Strachan, (deceased)
        Informant: Gwen Strachan, Daughter-in-law, Roselea, Mormond View, New Leeds.
        AB42 4HX

        I have checked UK phone directories and was unable to locate a Strachan at
        the New Leeds address. However the Peterhead Directory does list J. Strachan
        at 10 Balmoor Terrace. Would any list member be able to tell me if Jean
        Strachan is still at this address and does anyone recognize the name Gwen
        Strachan.

        Cheers,
        Linda Adam
        Ontario, Canada

      • Margie
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2008
          Linda,

          Yes Jean is still at Balmoor Terrace- I don't know her daughter in law
          but she has a sister Margaret in Canada
          and Elizabeth in Peterhead was brought up with the family when her own
          mother died in childbirth.
          Jean's mother was Elizabeth's mother's sister. Lizzie and Muggie Cow- I
          have most of the information on that side of the family

          Margie( maiden name Cowe)
        • Linda Adam
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2008
            Margie,

            Thank you for the information. My connection is with the Strachan family but
            now I can possibly contact Jean to learn a bit more about her children with
            James.

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 16, 2008
              Does anyone know if the Peterhead Sentinel for 19 Oct 1866 is online
              anywhere? I have a transcription of a short article headlined “ARRIVAL OF
              THE QUEEN FROM DAVIS STRAITS” but would very much like a JPG or PDF of the
              original.

              Many thanks

              Richard

              Richard Collinson - (Norwich, UK - 52°38'31.58"N 001°17'36.86"E)

              www.family-trees.org.uk