Re: RE:[Peterhead] Just Joined the group

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2008
      Hi Richard,
      If no one else on this site responds to your William Marshall and the Lady Franklin, try the Mariners site at Rootsweb, I've had great help with the people there, anything to do with ships, seamen etc.

      You might already have these OPR entries for some of your Cardno's.
      14 Sept 1828 David Cardno, Sailor in Peterhead a son David
      witnesses Willian Urquhart and William McLeod

      19 Dec 1832 David Cardno, Seaman in Peterhead a son Adam
      witnesses John Cardno and William McLeod

      30 Nov 1823 David Cardno, Sailor in Peterhead a dau Ann
      witnesses John and Adam Cardno

      4 Dec 1825 David Cardno, Sailor in Peterhead a son William
      witnesses Alexander Cardno and James Clark

      There were other entries with David Cardno as a witnesses to other records and also an Adam Cardno's childs entry for his won childs birth record.

      If you would like these please let me know.

      1841 census Castle Street, Peterhead
      Ameilia Cardno, wife of seaman, 42, brn Aberdeenshire
      Elizabeth Cardno, dau, 10, scholar, brn Aberdeenshire
      Adam Cardno, son, 8, scholar, brn Aberdeenshire
      Margaret Cardno, dau, 6, scholar, brn Aberdeenshire
      Amelia Cardno, dau, 4, brn Aberdeenshire
      Jean Cardno, dau, 1, brn Aberdeenshire

      1851 census 10 Crooked Lane, Peterhead
      Ameilai Cardno, wife of head, 50, Seamans wife, brn Peterhead
      Ann Cardno, dau, 26, White seamstress, brn Peterhead
      Jane Cardno, dau, 11, scholar, brn Peterhead

      Best wishes,
      Catherine