Re: [SPAM] [Peterhead] Just Joined the group

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
      Hi Richard,
      Welcome to the group.
      What are you seeking to know about these families or are you looking for present day relatives, or both.
      Best wishes,
      Catherine

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
        Hi Richard,
        I have Urquhart's and Cardno's in my tree, can you give me a bit more info on who you are looking for.

        Hazel

      • R.J.B.Collinson
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
          Hello Catherine

          Am I looking for present day relatives or my ancestors? – both I guess – If
          you have a look on my family tree at www.family-trees.org.uk you’ll see
          where I am.

          Please note that the website address was incorrect at the bottom of the last
          email.

          With the Marshall family – who have a splendid memorial stone in the Old
          Kirkyard – I am back to William Marshall – but I don’t know when or where he
          was born – he was married to an Ann McIntosh but I also have no details for
          her. Now they had the one son (which I also think is wrong) born 1804. Now
          he I am trying to find out a lot more about. He was the Ice Master on “Lady
          Franklin” during the expedition to find Frobisher led by Sir Richard
          Collinson (unfortunately not related)

          With the Urquhart family I go back to William – but don’t have any details
          for him – he had three sons and one daughter – all born at King Edward – the
          first in 1752.later there was David Urquhart born in Longside but lived and
          owned a Coopering business in Peterhead. Eventually he moved the whole thing
          to Grimsby – we are finding it very hard to time that move but it was about
          1878.

          The Cardno family I know very little about – I only have a few on my tree,
          The first born about 1800 in Peterhead, he was married to Amelia Bodie and
          they had 6 children. One of whom married John Cramond whose daughter Helen
          went to Australia. I have still to chase that one

          The Pattillo family – I have 16 in my tree – starting with Robert Patillo
          Pattillo for whom I have only one child Andrew Petullie b. 1765

          I hope that helps – you’ll get a better idea at family-trees.org.uk because
          I can’t write too much here.

          Many thanks – I do hope that we can help each other

          All the best

          Richard

          PS for some odd reason NTL – my ISP – thinks that the mail coming from the
          group is spam!

          R. J. B. Collinson

          United Kingdom

          www.family-trees.org.uk

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
            Hazel - I have just sent a quick email to the group detailing very roughly
            where I am in Peterhead research. I hope that email helps. In the meantime
            if you have a look at family-trees.org.uk you will have a good idea what I
            have. I have just put 7 recordings of my great-aunt Jessie Urquhart singing
            folk songs!

            All the best

            Richard

            R. J. B. Collinson

            United Kingdom

            www.family-trees.org.uk

            I have Urquhart's and Cardno's in my tree, can you give me a bit more info
            on who you are looking for.

            Hazel

            .

            <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=17235/grpspId=1705040837/msgId=4
            826/stime=1207312223/nc1=5170408/nc2=4836040/nc3=5028928>