Just Joined the group

  • R.J.B.Collinson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4 2:53 AM
      I have just joined the group and thought I would advise you all which
      families in the Peterhead area I am researching. They are

      Marshall

      Cardno

      Urquhart

      Pattillo

      All the best

      Richard

      R. J. B. Collinson

      3 Traverse Street

      Norwich

      NR3 1EQ

      United Kingdom

      52°38'31.58"N 001°17'36.86"E

      www.family-trees.co.uk

      Martyrdom is the only way a person can become famous without ability. George
      Bernard Shaw

    • Cci
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5 5:34 PM
        Hi Richard,
        If no one else on this site responds to your William Marshall and the Lady Franklin, try the Mariners site at Rootsweb, I've had great help with the people there, anything to do with ships, seamen etc.

        You might already have these OPR entries for some of your Cardno's.
        14 Sept 1828 David Cardno, Sailor in Peterhead a son David
        witnesses Willian Urquhart and William McLeod

        19 Dec 1832 David Cardno, Seaman in Peterhead a son Adam
        witnesses John Cardno and William McLeod

        30 Nov 1823 David Cardno, Sailor in Peterhead a dau Ann
        witnesses John and Adam Cardno

        4 Dec 1825 David Cardno, Sailor in Peterhead a son William
        witnesses Alexander Cardno and James Clark

        There were other entries with David Cardno as a witnesses to other records and also an Adam Cardno's childs entry for his won childs birth record.

        If you would like these please let me know.

        1841 census Castle Street, Peterhead
        Ameilia Cardno, wife of seaman, 42, brn Aberdeenshire
        Elizabeth Cardno, dau, 10, scholar, brn Aberdeenshire
        Adam Cardno, son, 8, scholar, brn Aberdeenshire
        Margaret Cardno, dau, 6, scholar, brn Aberdeenshire
        Amelia Cardno, dau, 4, brn Aberdeenshire
        Jean Cardno, dau, 1, brn Aberdeenshire

        1851 census 10 Crooked Lane, Peterhead
        Ameilai Cardno, wife of head, 50, Seamans wife, brn Peterhead
        Ann Cardno, dau, 26, White seamstress, brn Peterhead
        Jane Cardno, dau, 11, scholar, brn Peterhead

        Best wishes,
        Catherine