Searching for logical port of entry into Scotland

  • Ed Campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2008
      Hello:

      My father GREGOR MCGREGOR CAMPBELL left Vancouver, BC, Canada in 1939 as a
      merchant seaman. I understand he eventually arrived in Scotland and left
      again about the time of the outbreak of WWII.

      We never heard from him again. I have researched with Canadian Government
      and they have no record of him living in Canada from the beginning of the
      War until 1946 (they did special "censuses" during that time period).

      My question: Is there such a thing as a "logical" port he would have arrived
      at in Scotland when he left Vancouver? Good possibility he headed to
      Peterhead area where my mother was born or St. Ninians area where he was
      born. He probably did not visit his " COWIE in-laws" however he and my
      mother were first cousins.

      Any suggestions appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Ed. Campbell