re database of Peterhead whalers

  • Noelene Jenkinson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2008
      I am actually in the process of making a database re all
      Peterhead whalers (a very slow and laborious task, but very enjoyable). I would be delighted to share/send any of my info by post to
      any descendants prior to my 'booklet' (which I will need permission
      for from the editor of our Buchan Observer!!) any one can contact me
      here or at the museum...
      as 2009 being the 'Year of the Homecoming'

      Hi Fiona,
      In your database research, if you come across my son-in-law's ancestor, Alexander BATTY, a ship's carpenter, who is supposed to have died somewhere at sea between Scotland and Canada between Oct 1910 and March 1914, I would love to learn of it.
      Also, could you please explain the 'Year of the Homecoming'? Is this for descendants of people from Peterhead?

      Noelene Jenkinson
      Horsham, Australia
      http://www.noelenejenkinson.com

    • fiona.riddell
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2008
        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Noelene Jenkinson" <nmj@...> wrote:

        > I am actually in the process of making a database re all
        > Peterhead whalers (a very slow and laborious task, but very
        enjoyable). I would be delighted to share/send any of my info by post
        > any descendants prior to my 'booklet' (which I will need permission
        > for from the editor of our Buchan Observer!!) any one can contact me
        > here or at the museum...
        > as 2009 being the 'Year of the Homecoming'
        >

        > Hi Fiona,
        > In your database research, if you come across my son-in-law's
        ancestor, Alexander BATTY, a ship's carpenter, who is supposed to
        have died somewhere at sea between Scotland and Canada between Oct
        1910 and March 1914, I would love to learn of it.
        > Also, could you please explain the 'Year of the Homecoming'? Is
        this for descendants of people from Peterhead?

        > Noelene Jenkinson
        > Horsham, Australia
        > http://www.noelenejenkinson.com

        Hi Noeline,
        I havent come accross a 'Batty' surname but I will keep a look out.
        As to 'Year of the Homecoming' if you google it the info is on there.
        hope this helps
        regards Fiona
      • David Davidson
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 19, 2008
          Hi

          Here is information on 2009 Year of the homcoming

          http://www.homecomingscotland.com/

          It also coincides with the 250th annivesary of Robert Burns

          All the best

          Dave Davidson