Re: St Peter's Churchyard MI's CD

  • Alison Kennedy
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 8, 2008
      Hi,

      I received my copy of the CD for the St Peter's MI's earlier this week, but have only just got around to looking at it.

      There are two PDF files on the CD - one for sections A,B & C of the churchyard and another file for sections D & E.

      The copy of the CD that I have appears to have two copies of the same file on it - the one for sections A, B & C and I cannot access any information for sections D & E.

      Does anyone else have this problem ?? Or can someone please advise.

      Alison

    • Henderson, Roy
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 8, 2008
        (Anne - does Alan monitor this list?)

        Alison - can you browse the root of the CD and let me know the full names of all .PDF files.

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 8, 2008
          Hi Roy,

          In the interim I have looked at this further. It would appear that the link on the CD is incorrect and both open the same pdf file for sections A, B & C. By going into Windows Explorer I have found both the correct files for sections A , B & C and the one for sections D & E. I have now saved the two files on my computer and will probably file the CD for emergency basis. I am sussed, but there may be others that are affected and who may need clarification / help.

          Thanks.

          Alison

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 8, 2008
            Hi Roy

            I also had the same problem and found that both links on the CD only
            opened the file for the sections A, B and C. Using Windows I found
            that there are 2 separate pdf files on the CD (as per Alison's reply).
            No doubt this "early teething" problem will be sorted on future CDs.

            Can I take this opportunity on congratulating the FHS of Buchan on an
            excellent CD and Mary Robertson and Helen Keith for their hard work !

            Regards
            Viv

            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Alison Kennedy"
            <alison2kennedy@...> wrote:

            > Hi Roy,
            >
            > In the interim I have looked at this further. It would appear that
            the link on the CD is incorrect and both open the same pdf file for
            sections A, B & C. By going into Windows Explorer I have found both
            the correct files for sections A , B & C and the one for sections D &
            E. I have now saved the two files on my computer and will probably
            file the CD for emergency basis. I am sussed, but there may be
            others that are affected and who may need clarification / help.

            > Thanks.
            >
            > Alison
          • Henderson, Roy
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 8, 2008
              Hi Viv,

              Thanks to both you and Alison for discovering and confirming the
              incorrect file link so quickly - that will help us to fix the problem
              before having issued too many copies of the CD.

              I must confess that I never even noticed the problem on my own copy
              because I simply transferred all the files to my hard drive and opened
              the PDFs directly without using the interface. The most important thing
              is that the two data files are on the CD so at least there is not the
              frustration of having to wait for a replacement before being able to
              access the complete set of records.

              Please feel free to come back with any further questions which may arise

              Roy

              ________________________________

              I also had the same problem and found that both links on the CD only
              opened the file for the sections A, B and C. Using Windows I found
              that there are 2 separate pdf files on the CD (as per Alison's reply).
              No doubt this "early teething" problem will be sorted on future CDs.

              Can I take this opportunity on congratulating the FHS of Buchan on an
              excellent CD and Mary Robertson and Helen Keith for their hard work !

              Regards
              Viv

              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Peterhead%40yahoogroups.com> ,
              "Alison Kennedy"
              <alison2kennedy@...> wrote:

              > Hi Roy,
              >
              > In the interim I have looked at this further. It would appear that
              the link on the CD is incorrect and both open the same pdf file for
              sections A, B & C. By going into Windows Explorer I have found both
              the correct files for sections A , B & C and the one for sections D &
              E. I have now saved the two files on my computer and will probably
              file the CD for emergency basis. I am sussed, but there may be
              others that are affected and who may need clarification / help.

              > Thanks.
              >
              > Alison

            • Henderson, Roy
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 8, 2008
                Big sigh of relief! Thanks for the feedback Alison ...

                Regards,

                Roy