Re: St Peters Churchyard Memorials: CD Review

  • kathytrevelyan
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 4 4:40 AM
      I'd like to send a huge thank you to all involved in the CD project. I
      was in Peterhead for the first time this weekend and Allen was kind
      enough to bring a copy of the CD to my hotel. Within five minutes I'd
      found the stone of a many times great aunt, Mary Ann Davidson and her
      Husband George Rennie and their children. I also have several other
      possible ancestors in the kirkyard.

      Staying at the Bayview Hotel was great, especially as it used to be my
      grandparents family home! My grandfather, Charles Duncan Rice was
      Rector of Peterhead Academy and I was able to find several references
      to him in the archives at the library.

      Kathy
    • Anne Allan
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 5 2:27 PM
        Hi Kathy
        I am very happy that we managed to help you while you were in Peterhead.
        I hope that you will come back again sometime once we have our Family
        History Centre up and running.

        I was also very interested in your Mary Ann Davidson.
        I have a Mary Ann Davidson, born late 1840 ( 7m old in 1841 Census). I
        have lost track for her after 1851 when she was at Forehill, Peterhead.
        Would it be the same one?

        Anne
      • Kathy Trevelyan
        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 6 9:02 AM
          Hi Anne,

          my Mary Ann was born on June 14th 1825 in Peterhead and married George Rennie in 1850. In the 1941 census she is a servant in Rose Street Peterhead. Her parents were Robert Davidson b. 1791 and Margaret Milne b. either 1788 or 1791 - I don't know which Margaret she was as there are, unfortunately, two both born in Peterhead. Perhaps your Mary Ann is a niece? Do you have her parents names?

          Happy researching!
          Kathy

          To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comFrom: anneallan@...: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 22:27:13 +0000Subject: [Peterhead] Re: St Peters Churchyard Memorials: CD Review

          Hi KathyI am very happy that we managed to help you while you were in Peterhead.I hope that you will come back again sometime once we have our Family History Centre up and running.I was also very interested in your Mary Ann Davidson.I have a Mary Ann Davidson, born late 1840 ( 7m old in 1841 Census). I have lost track for her after 1851 when she was at Forehill, Peterhead.Would it be the same one?Anne

        • Stephen Hutchison
          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 30 5:41 AM
            Could someone give details how to obtain the CD from Peterhead churchyard?
            *St Peters Churchyard Memorials: CD *Thanks Steve

            On 04/03/2008, kathytrevelyan <kathytrevelyan@...> wrote:

            > I'd like to send a huge thank you to all involved in the CD project. I
            > was in Peterhead for the first time this weekend and Allen was kind
            > enough to bring a copy of the CD to my hotel. Within five minutes I'd
            > found the stone of a many times great aunt, Mary Ann Davidson and her
            > Husband George Rennie and their children. I also have several other
            > possible ancestors in the kirkyard.
            >
            > Staying at the Bayview Hotel was great, especially as it used to be my
            > grandparents family home! My grandfather, Charles Duncan Rice was
            > Rector of Peterhead Academy and I was able to find several references
            > to him in the archives at the library.
            >
            > Kathy

          • Ed Campbell
            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 30 6:41 PM
              Hello Ann:

              I am going to post office to get a pound sterling money order (unless you
              can now accept Visa) and need to know what the new postal rate will be for
              the CD.

              I will include both my application for membership and order for the world
              famous CD.

              Thanks for all you efforts!

              Ed. Campbell

            • Anne Allan
              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 31 8:59 AM
                Steve wrote:

                Could someone give details how to obtain the CD from Peterhead churchyard?
                *St Peters Churchyard Memorials: CD *Thanks Steve

                The CD " St Peter's Churchyard Memorials" is available from the Family
                History Society of Buchan.
                I can email out an order form to anyone who would like one.

                Regards

                Anne
              • Celtic Mist

                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 2, 2008
                    Hello Anne,

                    Would you email me a form for the St Peters Kirkyard Memorials CD.

                    Thank you,
                    F Reid

                  • Jill Haworth
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 1, 2009
                      Is it still possible to obtain the CD from St.Peter's Churchyard Memorials? I am looking for further info on Mary McKay-lair A197.
                      Regards,
                      Jill

                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 2, 2009
                        Hi Jill
                        Yes the CD of St Peter's Churchyard is still available. Please see our
                        website's shop page to order it.- www.fhsb.org.uk.

                        You may also be interested in knowing that the Constitution Street
                        Cemetery (Peterhead) will be out on CD within a month. Details of this
                        are also on the site with an opportunity for members of the society to
                        pre-order at a special price.

                        Anne