Re: [Peterhead] reply to Marion and Christine

  • christina stark
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 7:29 AM
      sorry, i misread what i was reading i thought it was the death cert of john buchan..i am stuck in 1761ish in my family tree, and thought this could of been a possible link.
      I am stuck with william buchan(rathen) and jean ritchie(pitsligo)married in had a son john and a dughter beatrix..i can trace john as far as getting married to margaret duthie in 1809...but can't find him after that...and i just find no trace of beatrix at all.
      i am well and truly stumped.
      christine

      Cci <cci@...> wrote:
      Marion, glad to help.

      Christine,
      There was no father's name on the death cert. for Mary, only the mother's name. Janet Taylor.
      Perhaps she was illigitmate.
      I think, then Mary's maiden name would be Taylor.
      Sorry I can't scan it, but I could send you a copy if you send me you address.

      Catherine