1871 census entries

  • C&J Greig
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 1999
      Good morning all,
      While looking through an 1871 census film of St Nicholas, Aberdeen
      yesterday, I copied down some of the entries that included people from
      Peterhead in the hope that the info may be of use to someone.
      Regards,
      Jeanine. (cranbourne Vic. Australia)
      greig@...

      1871 census for the district of St Nicholas, Aberdeen. Film 0103926. Vol
      168-1, En. districts 51-64.

      En dist. 54, Pg 21. Commerce Street.
      Isabella WHYTE, Head, Spinster, Unmar, 50, Retired domestic servant, b.
      Peterhead.

      En dist 54, Pg 21. Commerce Street.
      Jane CRAIG, Head, Widow, 48, b. Peterhead.
      Isabella CRAIG, Dau, Unmarr, 22, Dressmaker, b. Aberdeen.
      Ann CRAIG, Dau, Unmarr, 20, Envelope maker, b. Aberdeen.
      Jane CRAIG Dau, Unmarr, 18, -, b. Aberdeen.

      En dist 54, Pg 22. Commerce St.
      Mary Ann CLARK, Head, Mar, 22, Boilermakers wife, b. Peterhead.
      Ann HUTCHISON, Grandmother, Mar, 66, Seamans wife, b. Aberdour Banffshire.

      En dist 56, Pg 10. Summer Lane.
      James McKENZIE, Head, Mar, 75, Retired seaman, b. Peterhead.
      Mary McKENZIE, Wife, Mar, 74, -, b. Old Deer.

      En dist 57, Pg 3. 4 Garrock? St.
      Barbara GEDDES, Head, Widow, 42, Washer woman, b. Peterhead.
      Alex. GEDDES, Son, Unmarr, 14, Labourer, b. Peterhead.
      Mary GEDDES, Dau, Unmar, 11, -, b. Peterhead.
      John GEDDES, Son, Unmar, 7, -, b. Peterhead.

      En dist 57, Pg 22. 8 Callo? Square.
      Charles CUMMING, Head, Mar, 36, Iron moulder, b. Peterhead.
      Marjory CUMMING, Wife, Mar, 37, -, b. Peterhead.
      Elspet CUMMING, Dau, Unmar, 16, -, b. Peterhead.
      George CUMMING, Son, Unmar, 12, Scholar, b. Peterhead.
      Eleanor CUMMING, Dau, Unmar, 10, Scholar, b. Peterhead.
      Christian CUMMING, Dau, unmar, 8, Scholar, b. Peterhead.
      William CUMMING, Son, unmar, 4, -, b. Aberdeen.

      En dist 57, Pg 24. 9 Callo? Square.
      Robert ALEXANDER, Head, mar, 58, Carpenter, b. Peterhead.
      Sarah ALEXANDER, Wife, mar, 58, -, b. Dublin.
      Margaret ALEXANDER, Dau, unmar, 26, Millworker, b. Peterhead.

      En dist 57, Pg 26. 10 Callo? Square.
      George ROBERTSON, Head, mar, 32, Ship carpenter, b. Peterhead.
      Elizabeth WHITE, Wife, mar, 31, -, b. Peterhead.
      Alexander ROBERTSON, Son, unmar, 9, -, b. Peterhead.
      Elizabeth M. ROBERTSON, Dau, unmar, 4, -, b. Aberdeen.
      Jessie ROBERTSON, Dau, unmar, 2, -, b. Aberdeen.
      -----
      Message 2 of 2 , May 19, 1999
        Hi Jeanine,

        C&J Greig wrote:

        > While looking through an 1871 census film of St Nicholas, Aberdeen
        > yesterday, I copied down some of the entries that included people from
        > Peterhead in the hope that the info may be of use to someone.

        Thank you for sending these entries. If you don't mind I will add these
        to the Peterhead born strays.