Re: [Peterhead] St Peters Churchyard Memorials: CD Review

  • Stephen Hutchison
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 24, 2008
      Hi Roy,
      I actually live in Paignton, Devon. A bit warmer than Boddam. My grandfather
      moved between Boddam and Malaig with the herring fishing in my father's
      boyhood. He was a cooper and then involved in fish curing, etc. My great
      grandfather John Hutchison had a ship's chandlers & suppliers in Peterhead.
      My father moved to the London area at the end of the war, so I have never
      lived in Scotland. Regards Steve

      On 24/02/2008, Henderson, Roy <roy.henderson@...> wrote:

      > Good morning Steve,
      >
      > This list is monitored by other members of the FHSoB committe and, by
      > copy, I am asking if one of them will contact you directly regarding a
      > membership application form.
      >
      > Out of interest, where do you live?
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Roy

    • William Leslie
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 24, 2008
        Hello Roy;
        Who do I contact to get a copy of the CD? I added my name to the list when I first heard of this and as far as I am a member of the Family History Society of Buchan.
        By the way, Steve, I have ancestors buried in St Peters, the Rankin family, who were ship owners and my grandfather, William Leslie, a Cooper, is buried in the Constitution St Cemetery. I also have live Hutchison relatives in Peterhead.
        Regards
        William Leslie
        Regards
        William Leslie
        I actually live in Paignton, Devon. A bit warmer than Boddam. My grandfather
        moved between Boddam and Malaig with the herring fishing in my father's
        boyhood. He was a cooper and then involved in fish curing, etc. My great
        grandfather John Hutchison had a ship's chandlers & suppliers in Peterhead.
        My father moved to the London area at the end of the war, so I have never
        lived in Scotland. Regards Steve

        On 24/02/2008, Henderson, Roy <roy.henderson@...> wrote:

        > Good morning Steve,
        >
        > This list is monitored by other members of the FHSoB committe and, by
        > copy, I am asking if one of them will contact you directly regarding a
        > membership application form.
        >
        > Out of interest, where do you live?
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Roy

      • Anne Allan
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 24, 2008
          Following on from Roys message regarding the St Peter's Cemetery CD...

          The order forms for the CD will be available from me from tomorrow. I
          have a list of people already who have requested them in the last week
          or so, but have been awaiting the CD's to ascertain what the postage
          costs would be before sending them out.
          Membership forms for the Family History Society of Buchan are also avail
          from myself or any committee member.
          I can email both forms out to anyone who requests them. Please note
          that at present we can only accept payment in Sterling.

          Regards

          Anne Allan

          anneallan@...
        • Ed Campbell
          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 24, 2008
            Hello Anne:

            I would appreciate receiving both forms.

            Ed. Campbell

            Edmonton, AB, Canada

          • William Leslie
            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 24, 2008
              Hello Anne;

              Could you please send me the form to order the CD's.

              Regards

              William Leslie

              _____

              Following on from Roys message regarding the St Peter's Cemetery CD...

              The order forms for the CD will be available from me from tomorrow. I
              have a list of people already who have requested them in the last week
              or so, but have been awaiting the CD's to ascertain what the postage
              costs would be before sending them out.
              Membership forms for the Family History Society of Buchan are also avail
              from myself or any committee member.
              I can email both forms out to anyone who requests them. Please note
              that at present we can only accept payment in Sterling.

              Regards

              Anne Allan

              anneallan@dsl. <mailto:anneallan%40dsl.pipex.com> pipex.com

            • alex-jean Ritchie
              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 24, 2008
                Hi Anne,

                Please include me for an Order Form.

                Thanks...Alex Ritchie

                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 24, 2008
                  For those of us who live in the US how do we go about getting the CD? Can we
                  pay by Credit Card?

                  Please advise.

                • Celtic Mist
                  Message 8 of 22 , Feb 25, 2008
                    Roy Not A Member Of The Society, Live In The United States, what is the United States Equilvant in Dollars, And is there an alternate way to order
                    Art

[...]

                    The transcriptions are fully searchable text but are not indexed in any way. As such, some experimentation may be required to retrieve meaningful filtered results but a few searches will soon identify the best patterns to use.

                    The information can be used directly from the CD or copied to a hard disk. Search performance will probably be significantly improved if running from a hard disk. This also provides the added benefit of allowing the original CD simply to be kept as a backup copy rather than risking any damage through wear in use.

                    The CD is priced at £10 + actual postage costs to members of the FHSoB and £15 + actual postage costs to non-members. All proceeds from sales are being split between the FHSoB and Diabetes Research.

                    I can thoroughly recommend this CD to anyone with an interest in researching St Peters Churchyard as a potential source of information.

                  • Brenda Sleight
                    Message 9 of 22 , Feb 25, 2008
                      Hi Anne, could you send me forms for CD and membership forms
                      Many thanks
                      Brenda

                      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comFrom: anneallan@...: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 16:41:56 +0000Subject: [Peterhead] Re: St Peters Churchyard Memorials: CD Review

                      Following on from Roys message regarding the St Peter's Cemetery CD...The order forms for the CD will be available from me from tomorrow. I have a list of people already who have requested them in the last week or so, but have been awaiting the CD's to ascertain what the postage costs would be before sending them out.Membership forms for the Family History Society of Buchan are also avail from myself or any committee member.I can email both forms out to anyone who requests them. Please note that at present we can only accept payment in Sterling.RegardsAnne Allananneallan@...

                    • kathytrevelyan
                      Message 10 of 22 , Mar 4, 2008
                        I'd like to send a huge thank you to all involved in the CD project. I
                        was in Peterhead for the first time this weekend and Allen was kind
                        enough to bring a copy of the CD to my hotel. Within five minutes I'd
                        found the stone of a many times great aunt, Mary Ann Davidson and her
                        Husband George Rennie and their children. I also have several other
                        possible ancestors in the kirkyard.

                        Staying at the Bayview Hotel was great, especially as it used to be my
                        grandparents family home! My grandfather, Charles Duncan Rice was
                        Rector of Peterhead Academy and I was able to find several references
                        to him in the archives at the library.

                        Kathy
                      • Anne Allan
                        Message 11 of 22 , Mar 5, 2008
                          Hi Kathy
                          I am very happy that we managed to help you while you were in Peterhead.
                          I hope that you will come back again sometime once we have our Family
                          History Centre up and running.

                          I was also very interested in your Mary Ann Davidson.
                          I have a Mary Ann Davidson, born late 1840 ( 7m old in 1841 Census). I
                          have lost track for her after 1851 when she was at Forehill, Peterhead.
                          Would it be the same one?

                          Anne
                        • Kathy Trevelyan
                          Message 12 of 22 , Mar 6, 2008
                            Hi Anne,

                            my Mary Ann was born on June 14th 1825 in Peterhead and married George Rennie in 1850. In the 1941 census she is a servant in Rose Street Peterhead. Her parents were Robert Davidson b. 1791 and Margaret Milne b. either 1788 or 1791 - I don't know which Margaret she was as there are, unfortunately, two both born in Peterhead. Perhaps your Mary Ann is a niece? Do you have her parents names?

                            Happy researching!
                            Kathy

                            To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comFrom: anneallan@...: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 22:27:13 +0000Subject: [Peterhead] Re: St Peters Churchyard Memorials: CD Review

                            Message 13 of 22 , Mar 30, 2008
                              Could someone give details how to obtain the CD from Peterhead churchyard?
                              *St Peters Churchyard Memorials: CD *Thanks Steve

                              On 04/03/2008, kathytrevelyan <kathytrevelyan@...> wrote:

                              > I'd like to send a huge thank you to all involved in the CD project. I
                              > was in Peterhead for the first time this weekend and Allen was kind
                              > enough to bring a copy of the CD to my hotel. Within five minutes I'd
                              > found the stone of a many times great aunt, Mary Ann Davidson and her
                              > Husband George Rennie and their children. I also have several other
                              > possible ancestors in the kirkyard.
                              >
                              > Staying at the Bayview Hotel was great, especially as it used to be my
                              > grandparents family home! My grandfather, Charles Duncan Rice was
                              > Rector of Peterhead Academy and I was able to find several references
                              > to him in the archives at the library.
                              >
                              > Kathy

                            • Ed Campbell
                              Message 14 of 22 , Mar 30, 2008
                                Hello Ann:

                                I am going to post office to get a pound sterling money order (unless you
                                can now accept Visa) and need to know what the new postal rate will be for
                                the CD.

                                I will include both my application for membership and order for the world
                                famous CD.

                                Thanks for all you efforts!

                                Ed. Campbell

                              • Anne Allan
                                Message 15 of 22 , Mar 31, 2008
                                  Steve wrote:

                                  Could someone give details how to obtain the CD from Peterhead churchyard?
                                  *St Peters Churchyard Memorials: CD *Thanks Steve

                                  The CD " St Peter's Churchyard Memorials" is available from the Family
                                  History Society of Buchan.
                                  I can email out an order form to anyone who would like one.

                                  Regards

                                  Anne
                                • Celtic Mist

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Apr 2, 2008
                                      Hello Anne,

                                      Would you email me a form for the St Peters Kirkyard Memorials CD.

                                      Thank you,
                                      F Reid

                                    • Jill Haworth
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 1 6:26 PM
                                        Is it still possible to obtain the CD from St.Peter's Churchyard Memorials? I am looking for further info on Mary McKay-lair A197.
                                        Regards,
                                        Jill

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jun 2 12:32 AM
                                          Hi Jill
                                          Yes the CD of St Peter's Churchyard is still available. Please see our
                                          website's shop page to order it.- www.fhsb.org.uk.

                                          You may also be interested in knowing that the Constitution Street
                                          Cemetery (Peterhead) will be out on CD within a month. Details of this
                                          are also on the site with an opportunity for members of the society to
                                          pre-order at a special price.

                                          Anne