Re: ROBB family of Peterhead

  • rewarewa203
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23, 2008
      Greetings Barbara,

      I have emailed you previously re my connection with your family. I
      have in my possession a small book. The Life and Times of William
      Johnston written by himself in 1859

      In this booklet there is a mention of William Morrison (authors
      father in law) who died in 1813 His mother in laws death 1810 and his
      beloved wifes Mary Morrison death on Dec 3 ,1851. Also is mentioned a
      John Morrison also of Peterhead married to Miss Pratt.

      Hope this might be a wee help to you.

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara Dawes" <bdawes@...> wrote:

      > George ROBB (s/o George ROBB & Marjory MOIR of St. Fergus) born 5
      December
      > 1779 in St. Fergus died 6 December 1857 in Peterhead and buried
      Churchyard
      > of Peterhead. George married Margaret ROSS (1779-1831) on 20 June 1805
      in
      > Peterhead.
      >
      > Sim's, Morison & Morrison's, Milne's, McRae's, Matthew's
      (Methlick/Tarves
      > area), Gray (moved to Ayrshire), Brooks, Birnie's, Beagrie, Begg's &
      > Anderson's make up some of the surnames connected
      > to this family. Some stayed in the Peterhead area and others
      immigrated to
      > other parts of Scotland, N.Z., Canada, U.S.A. etc.
      >
      > Any connections?
      >
      > Barbara Dawes
      > Ontario, Canada
      > bdawes@...

      > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      2/19/2008
      > 10:55 AM

    • Barbara Dawes
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 24, 2008
        Hi Dave,

        Thanks for the info but unfortunately, at this time, these don't seem to
        have found a way into my lines. I have a couple of "Pratt's" but none
        connected to the Morison/Morrison's. However, one never knows, so will file
        this for future reference.

        Barbara
        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        12:19 PM

      • ogstonfamilyresearcher
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 28, 2010
          Hi Barbara,

          I see you mention that you are also researching Milne and McRae.

          I have a Ann McRae born 1874 in Keith to Duncan Mcrae and Margaret Ewan. Ann married Alexander Milne and they had Maggie Milne born 1895 in Keith and then they relocated back to Peterhead and had Annie Milne in 1898 and Lizzie in 1900. I dont know if they had any more children.

          Are these any relation to you?

          Cheers
          Susan
          Ontario, Canada

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara Dawes" <bdawes@...> wrote:

          Sim's, Morison & Morrison's, Milne's, McRae's, Matthew's (Methlick/Tarves area), Gray (moved to Ayrshire), Brooks, Birnie's, Beagrie, Begg's & Anderson's make up some of the surnames connected
          > to this family. Some stayed in the Peterhead area and others immigrated to other parts of Scotland, N.Z., Canada, U.S.A. etc.

          > Any connections?
          >
          > Barbara Dawes
          > Ontario, Canada
          > bdawes@...

        • Barbara Dawes
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 12, 2010
            Hi Susan,

            The Ann McRAE in my database died before 1841 and was married to Donald McPHERSON born about 1776 Invernesshire, Scotland and died before 1851. They were the parents of Jane McPHERSON born between 1829 and 1832 (various sources) Invernesshire and died February 26, 1893 Kilmun, Argyllshire. She married James BRUCE (1831-1910) on Jun 8, 1854 Dunoon & Kilmun, Argyllshire.

            Barbara Dawes
            Ontario, Canada