Benjamin BATTY and Mary NICHOLSON

  • Noelene Jenkinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2008
      I have just joined this group and look forward to
      exchanging/sharing information. For my son-in-law Rob Batty
      who was born in Fraserburgh and emigrated out here to
      Australia in childhood, I am researching the descendants of
      Benjamin Batty, Shoemaker [1814-1902] and Mary Nicholson
      [c1815-1893]. I have been doing a lot of research of
      ScotlandsPeople in the last month or two building up their
      descendants and have come up with a couple of blocks I would
      appreciate help with. I can't confirm births for their
      family - so far I have -
      Isabella Batty [c1847-1918] who married an Alexander
      Williamson
      Alexander Batty [c1849-?] supposedly born in Liverpool but
      listed in censuses as being born in Phd - have found a
      possible birth in Halesowen, England and am getting a
      certificate
      Possibly other sons Thomas and George born in 1850s
      Daughter Ruth 1859-1861

      I am mainly tracing descendants of Alexander Batty born
      c1849 and his 2 marriages to Isabella INGRAM and Eliza Ann
      MILNE but will follow down all other lines I can find.

      Some of the Batty men were merchant seamen etc., including
      Alexander and I am wondering where I can find out please
      what ships they were on and locate deaths at sea. Alexander
      supposedly died at sea between Scotland and Canada. I have
      narrowed his date of death down to between 1909 and 1914.

      If anyone has any connections with this family I would love
      to hear from you.

      Noelene Jenkinson
      Horsham Australia