RE: [Peterhead] Re: family names from Peterhead- Rice, Davidson, Milne

  • Kathy Trevelyan
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 10, 2008
      Hi Julian,

      I've attached the records of Alexander's sons, Robert, Alexander and William who were born in Peterhead and registered as a 'batch' and daughter Elizabeth b1798. These are the only births to Alexander Davidson, shipmaster, that Scotland's People comes up with.
      Alexander was a shipmaster so he may well have travelled to Ceylon. I have him as master of the Vine :- VINE of Peterhead, master Davidson from Thurso to Pictou (Nova Scotia) 12 June 1816.
      Sorry I can't be more helpful. Do you know that your Davidsons were from Peterhead? If I come across an Andrew I'll be in touch.
      My email is kathytrevelyan@... if you would like to send me the pdf. I can invite you as a guest to the Ancestry tree if you give me your email.

      Good luck!
      Kathy

      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comFrom: julianlovegrove@...: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 00:04:46 +0000Subject: [Peterhead] Re: family names from Peterhead- Rice, Davidson, Milne

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "kathytrevelyan"<kathytrevelyan@...> wrote:Robert's father was Alexander Davidson, shipmaster in > Peterhead Hello Kathy,I'm searching for Alexander and Andrew Davidson's.My Andrew 'might' be a brother of your Robert, as he was born abt 1795and I suspect his father was an Alexander Davidson. Do you have amarriage or death details for your Alexander Davidson?My Andrew was prob born in Ceylon, where he married in abt 1820. Heowned plantations there, If you let me have your e-mail address, I can attach a PDF file withthe known details.> I have a tree on Ancestry, it's called Kathy Trevelyan's Tree, please > feel free to have a look!How does one look up someones tree on Ancestry? I've got my own treeon there, and its one click for me to visit it. However I can't workout how to visit other named trees. I've tried searching, but theywant a surname, and you get thousands of trees to choose from.Kind regardsJulian Lovegrove>

    • Julian Lovegrove
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 10, 2008
        I visited the National Archives yesterday and found the following which might interest someone here:Arnold Wright CARDNO bn Peterhead 1892 Certified ships Engineer 2nd Class on 3 Nov 1915 at Sydney, NSW.Source: BT 140 Vol 3 Registers of certificates of Competency, Engineers, Colonial (1870-1921)Julian Lovegrove
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2008
          Richard

          If you look at my web site http://angelfire.com/ny4/peterhead you will find
          the Cardno family of Peterhead. Also
          I have some Pattullo's from the Dundee area that date around mid to late
          1700s. Don't know if this is the same
          family that you are researching, Pattillo.

          Cheers
          Jim Allan
        • R.J.B.Collinson
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2008