Re: family names from Peterhead- Rice, Davidson, Milne

  • Julian
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2008
      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "kathytrevelyan"
      <kathytrevelyan@...> wrote:

      Robert's father was Alexander Davidson, shipmaster in
      > Peterhead

      Hello Kathy,
      I'm searching for Alexander and Andrew Davidson's.
      My Andrew 'might' be a brother of your Robert, as he was born abt 1795
      and I suspect his father was an Alexander Davidson. Do you have a
      marriage or death details for your Alexander Davidson?

      My Andrew was prob born in Ceylon, where he married in abt 1820. He
      owned plantations there,

      If you let me have your e-mail address, I can attach a PDF file with
      the known details.

      > I have a tree on Ancestry, it's called Kathy Trevelyan's Tree, please
      > feel free to have a look!

      How does one look up someones tree on Ancestry? I've got my own tree
      on there, and its one click for me to visit it. However I can't work
      out how to visit other named trees. I've tried searching, but they
      want a surname, and you get thousands of trees to choose from.

      Kind regards
      Julian Lovegrove

    • Kathy Trevelyan
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 10, 2008
        Hi Julian,

        I've attached the records of Alexander's sons, Robert, Alexander and William who were born in Peterhead and registered as a 'batch' and daughter Elizabeth b1798. These are the only births to Alexander Davidson, shipmaster, that Scotland's People comes up with.
        Alexander was a shipmaster so he may well have travelled to Ceylon. I have him as master of the Vine :- VINE of Peterhead, master Davidson from Thurso to Pictou (Nova Scotia) 12 June 1816.
        Sorry I can't be more helpful. Do you know that your Davidsons were from Peterhead? If I come across an Andrew I'll be in touch.
        My email is kathytrevelyan@... if you would like to send me the pdf. I can invite you as a guest to the Ancestry tree if you give me your email.

        Good luck!
        Kathy

        To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comFrom: julianlovegrove@...: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 00:04:46 +0000Subject: [Peterhead] Re: family names from Peterhead- Rice, Davidson, Milne

[...]

      • Julian Lovegrove
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 10, 2008
          I visited the National Archives yesterday and found the following which might interest someone here:Arnold Wright CARDNO bn Peterhead 1892 Certified ships Engineer 2nd Class on 3 Nov 1915 at Sydney, NSW.Source: BT 140 Vol 3 Registers of certificates of Competency, Engineers, Colonial (1870-1921)Julian Lovegrove
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1 7:03 AM
            Richard

            If you look at my web site http://angelfire.com/ny4/peterhead you will find
            the Cardno family of Peterhead. Also
            I have some Pattullo's from the Dundee area that date around mid to late
            1700s. Don't know if this is the same
            family that you are researching, Pattillo.

            Cheers
            Jim Allan
          • R.J.B.Collinson
            Message 5 of 6 , May 1 7:09 AM