Ogston in Peterhead

  • m-sfairchild@xxxxx.xxx.xxxx
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 1999
      I am researching a William Ogston who was born in Old Deer but in 1881 was
      living at 6 Merchant street (and in the 1891 census as well). He was a
      reporter for I believe the Aberdeen Free Press and possibly the Peterhead
      Sentinnel as well. (Can anyone verify this?)
      He married in 1884 an Anne Stevenson who lived with her uncle, George
      Robertson, draper, also living on Merchant Street. Anne was a teacher at
      Miss Comrie's School on St. Peter Street. Anne and William had three
      children; William 1885, George 1886 and Helen 1888. All three children were
      born in Peterhead.
      I believe (?) at some time in the 1890's they may have moved to Aberdeen.
      Is there anyway I could find this out?

      Susan Fairchild
      Ontario, Canada
      m-sfairchild@...