looking for my father

  • Lisa Langford
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 28, 2008
      please can you help, i am trying to locate neil massie who i belive is to be living in peterhead , the neil i am looking for was a royal marine in the 70,s and had connections with my mother in oxford , which is were i live , neil not long after i was born left for scotland were he settled and later married , i havnt met him for 36 yrs and have a lovley famliy myself who i am very proud of , and famliy means a huge deal to me , which is why i have started this journey to trace my father , hope you can help as i am finding it difficult to know were to start , many thanks ,lisa

    • Henderson, Roy
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 28, 2008
        Hi Lisa,

        I remember a Neil Massie who used to live in Leask Avenue back around
        the 70s but I don't believe he is the one you are looking for. He still
        lives in Peterhead. He married (literally) the girl next door. He was
        quite well built and over 6ft in height. His father's name was Davie
        Massie if that helps to either confirm or eliminate him.

        There is a N Massie listed in the local phone directory but obviously a
        cold call might not be the best approach.

        Good luck with your search.

        Roy

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 28, 2008
          In Australia, we have current Electoral Rolls with every citizen's name and address listed, but I am not sure if Britain has a similar system. The phone book is another good way to start, I would also be looking at Council Rate lists especially as you have an idea what area he is. Good luck and hope your successful.
          Regards
          Gwen

          please can you help, i am trying to locate neil massie who i belive is to be living in peterhead , the neil i am looking for was a royal marine in the 70,s and had connections with my mother in oxford , which is were i live , neil not long after i was born left for scotland were he settled and later married , i havnt met him for 36 yrs and have a lovley famliy myself who i am very proud of , and famliy means a huge deal to me , which is why i have started this journey to trace my father , hope you can help as i am finding it difficult to know were to start , many thanks ,lisa

          Be a better friend, newshound, and

        • Lisa Langford
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 29, 2008
            many thanks for your info ,its a great help ,the funny thing is he married and they so say he did not have any other children , the onley possible question is if you dont mind ! do you know if this neil was a royal marine before he married her ,

            ____________ _________ _________ __

            please can you help, i am trying to locate neil massie who i belive is
            to be living in peterhead , the neil i am looking for was a royal marine
            in the 70,s and had connections with my mother in oxford , which is were
            i live , neil not long after i was born left for scotland were he
            settled and later married , i havnt met him for 36 yrs and have a lovley
            famliy myself who i am very proud of , and famliy means a huge deal to
            me , which is why i have started this journey to trace my father , hope
            you can help as i am finding it difficult to know were to start , many
            thanks ,lisa

            Be a better friend, newshound, and
            <http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ>

          • Lisa Langford
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 29, 2008
              many thanks for your info .

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 29, 2008
                From the build of him Lisa he certainly could have been a Commando but I
                don't know if he served or not - sorry.

                There's no tactful way for me to say this, but I mean it as sensitively
                as possible, I don't think the Neil Massie I remember would have left a
                young child behind him - plus, with Peterhead being the size it was back
                then, I am sure that people would have known if such an event had
                happened.

                There are other Massie families in Peterhead so it may be one of them

                Roy