Re: More details

  • charlotte duthie
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 1999

      > > I've been tracing my Barron roots in Old Deer parish, through the OPR
      > > indexes. I've traced a direct line as far as John Barron, baptised in
      > > Old Deer on December 18, 1814, to parents John Barron and Margaret
      > > Youngson. But I'm stumped on how to find out more about the latter John.
      > > There don't seem to be any earlier John Barrons baptised in Old Deer in
      > > the right time period... and there are lots of other ones born at the
      > > right time in other parishes. Any hints on how I can proceed?
      > >
      > > Thanks...
      > >
      > > David Barron
      > > Ottawa, Canada
      > >
      > >Hello David

      The following is taken from "The Kirkyard of New Deer" published by
      ANESFHS.Item #228
      "Erected to the memory of JOHN BARRON late farmer in Brucehill D.28 Apr. 1846
      in 63rd year. His eldest son JOHN d.14 Sept.1841 in 27th year. MARGARET
      YOUNGSON wife and mother of above d.9 Apr.1873 aged 83."

      Hope this helps. Good Luck
      Lottie Duthie

      > > ..

      > Star Wars fans are using ONElist to share the fun.
      > http://www.ONElist.com
      > Are you?
    • J. David Barron
      Message 2 of 5 , May 13, 1999
        Thanks so much, Lottie:
        I appreciate your input... trouble is, now I know that line I've been tracing
        isn't the right one. My GG Grandfather was a John Barron, who married a woman
        named Christian Pirie in Old Deer in 1835. Since there was a John Barron born to
        John Barron and Margaret Youngson in Old Deer in 1814, I assumed he was the right
        one. However, if he died in 1841, he's not the right one since my GGrandfather
        Alexander was born in 1845 to John and Christian. Are there any references in your
        book to the John Barron married to Christian Pirie?

        Take care, and thanks again.
        David

        charlotte duthie wrote:

        > > >Hello David
        >
        > The following is taken from "The Kirkyard of New Deer" published by
        > ANESFHS.Item #228
        > "Erected to the memory of JOHN BARRON late farmer in Brucehill D.28 Apr. 1846
        > in 63rd year. His eldest son JOHN d.14 Sept.1841 in 27th year. MARGARET
        > YOUNGSON wife and mother of above d.9 Apr.1873 aged 83."
        >
        > Hope this helps. Good Luck
        > Lottie Duthie
      • bigal6164
        Message 3 of 5 , May 22, 2005
          hullo, David

          I have a (newly-discovered) William BARRON (b. 1838/9? or maybe even
          1828/9?) married to Ann TOCHER (12th May 1863).
          William's parents appear to have been Alexander BARRON and Ann
          [indecipherable].

          Any connection likely?

          Alistair Bain

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "J. David Barron"