Re: Cemetery Records at Peterhead

  • kathytrevelyan
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008
      I'd like a CD too please!
      Kathy

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Gweneth Myers <gwenethmyers@...>
      wrote:

      > G'day Ian
      > Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released.
      Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
      > Thanks heaps,
      > Gwen Myers.

      Cemetery
      > and Constitution Street Cemetery. Please let me know when they are
      > available.
      > Thank-you,
      > Jill Haworth
      >
      > --- In Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
      > >
      > > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
      > in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to
      about
      > 1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
      > > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
      > buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
      > is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of
      which
      > are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
      > lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
      > get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
      > identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
      > believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these
      records,
      > and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
      > > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
      > work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard
      Cemetery,
      > and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
      > correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
      > and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
      > cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
      > come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
      > she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
      > email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.
      > >

      > > Sincerely,
      > > Ian Robertson
      > > Ian D Robertson Inc
      > > Delta, BC, Canada
      > > V4M 2K3
      > > Tel: 604-943-3715
      > > fax:604-943- 7391
      > > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@ ..."idr@ ..
      > > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertso ninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc. ca

      > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      > 11/25/2007 4:24 PM

    • kathytrevelyan
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008
        I'd like a CD too please!

        wrote:

        > G'day Ian
        > Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released.
        Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
        > Thanks heaps,
        > Gwen Myers.

      • traceclip
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008
          Thank you Ian for posting this information. I am among the interested
          parties who have not yet registered an interest with you, and will
          keep an eye on the forum to see when this becomes available.

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

          > Greetings to all interested in Peterhead Cemetery Records (and there
          are dozens of you).

          > Since I first posted my message back in November I have heard from
          over 30 people. I have also been able to get in contact with the
          author (with whom I had lost contact temporarily). Initially it was
          agreed that I would make copies and sell from Canada. Then just after
          Christmas I received word that a new genealogy group was being set up
          in Peterhead. It will include a person knowledgeable in IT, and that
          they would like to make and distribute copies themselves. This is the
          wish of the author.

          > So for now I would ask everyone to be a bit patient, to wait for a
          note on this discussion group, and then for you to make your request
          known to them.

          > As I understand it, the Old Churchyard is a 'finished product', but
          Mary Robertson wants to do some more work on the Constitution St
          Cemetery - so I am not sure of its distribution status.

          > Sincerely,
          > Ian Robertson
          > 864 Pacific Dr
          > Delta, BC, Canada