More details

  • J. David Barron
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 1999
      Hi all.

      I've been tracing my Barron roots in Old Deer parish, through the OPR
      indexes. I've traced a direct line as far as John Barron, baptised in
      Old Deer on December 18, 1814, to parents John Barron and Margaret
      Youngson. But I'm stumped on how to find out more about the latter John.
      There don't seem to be any earlier John Barrons baptised in Old Deer in
      the right time period... and there are lots of other ones born at the
      right time in other parishes. Any hints on how I can proceed?

      Thanks...

      David Barron
      Ottawa, Canada
    • Pearl Wilson
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12, 1999
        Have you tried just entering the name John BARRON with no
        Batch No?? You may get some earlier entries, from (perhaps)
        an adjoining Parish????

        Cheers,
        Pearl.
        http://members.tripod.com/PearlsPad/

        > Hi all.
        >
        > I've been tracing my Barron roots in Old Deer parish, through the OPR
        > indexes. I've traced a direct line as far as John Barron, baptised in
        > Old Deer on December 18, 1814, to parents John Barron and Margaret
        > Youngson. But I'm stumped on how to find out more about the latter John.
        > There don't seem to be any earlier John Barrons baptised in Old Deer in
        > the right time period... and there are lots of other ones born at the
        > right time in other parishes. Any hints on how I can proceed?
        >
        > Thanks...
        >
        > David Barron
        > Ottawa, Canada

        > With more than 14 million emails exchanged daily...
        > http://www.onelist.com
        > ...ONElist IS the place where the world talks!

      • charlotte duthie
        Message 3 of 5 , May 12, 1999

          > > I've been tracing my Barron roots in Old Deer parish, through the OPR
          > > indexes. I've traced a direct line as far as John Barron, baptised in
          > > Old Deer on December 18, 1814, to parents John Barron and Margaret
          > > Youngson. But I'm stumped on how to find out more about the latter John.
          > > There don't seem to be any earlier John Barrons baptised in Old Deer in
          > > the right time period... and there are lots of other ones born at the
          > > right time in other parishes. Any hints on how I can proceed?
          > >
          > > Thanks...
          > >
          > > David Barron
          > > Ottawa, Canada
          > >
          > >Hello David

          The following is taken from "The Kirkyard of New Deer" published by
          ANESFHS.Item #228
          "Erected to the memory of JOHN BARRON late farmer in Brucehill D.28 Apr. 1846
          in 63rd year. His eldest son JOHN d.14 Sept.1841 in 27th year. MARGARET
          YOUNGSON wife and mother of above d.9 Apr.1873 aged 83."

          Hope this helps. Good Luck
          Lottie Duthie

          > > ..

          > Star Wars fans are using ONElist to share the fun.
          > http://www.ONElist.com
          > Are you?
        • J. David Barron
          Message 4 of 5 , May 13, 1999
            Thanks so much, Lottie:
            I appreciate your input... trouble is, now I know that line I've been tracing
            isn't the right one. My GG Grandfather was a John Barron, who married a woman
            named Christian Pirie in Old Deer in 1835. Since there was a John Barron born to
            John Barron and Margaret Youngson in Old Deer in 1814, I assumed he was the right
            one. However, if he died in 1841, he's not the right one since my GGrandfather
            Alexander was born in 1845 to John and Christian. Are there any references in your
            book to the John Barron married to Christian Pirie?

            Take care, and thanks again.
            David

            charlotte duthie wrote:

            > > >Hello David
            >
            > The following is taken from "The Kirkyard of New Deer" published by
            > ANESFHS.Item #228
            > "Erected to the memory of JOHN BARRON late farmer in Brucehill D.28 Apr. 1846
            > in 63rd year. His eldest son JOHN d.14 Sept.1841 in 27th year. MARGARET
            > YOUNGSON wife and mother of above d.9 Apr.1873 aged 83."
            >
            > Hope this helps. Good Luck
            > Lottie Duthie
          • bigal6164
            Message 5 of 5 , May 22, 2005
              hullo, David

              I have a (newly-discovered) William BARRON (b. 1838/9? or maybe even
              1828/9?) married to Ann TOCHER (12th May 1863).
              William's parents appear to have been Alexander BARRON and Ann
              [indecipherable].

              Any connection likely?

              Alistair Bain

              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "J. David Barron"