RE: [Peterhead] Exciting News

  • H MOON
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2008
      Gosh I had a summer job as a waitress in the Palace in 1965. I remember some american guests trying to go to the beach wearing shorts on a sunday. They were stopped by a very irate manager and told to get dressed properly for the sabbath. Lovely hotel though

      colin collie <crhc43@...> wrote:
      Hi
      I wondered if you accepted members outwith the area I am up once a year to Peterhead and might be able to join you if you had a meeting then I could come. I am interested in Mary Robertsons CD's of the churchyards
      All the best for your first meeting.
      Colin Collie

      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comFrom: anneallan@...: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 13:35:54 +0000Subject: [Peterhead] Exciting News

      A new family history group is about to be set up in Buchan. The firstmeeting of the group will take place on 17th January at the PalaceHotel(7.30pm). Everyone with an interest is invited to come along ifthey can and join the group. It is hoped that local group members will be able to undertakeresearch in the area - MI recording etc. and publish the work. For those of you who have enquired, we have spoken to Mary Robertsonabout publishing her CD's of St Peter's Churchyard, and hopefully willbe able to do this quite quickly. I will post again when they are available.If anyone would like more details meantime please contact me direct.Anne Allananneallan@...

    • William Leslie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2008
        Good luck and please keep me informed. I may not be able to get there before
        2009.

        Regards

        William Leslie

        _____

        colin collie <crhc43@hotmail. <mailto:crhc43%40hotmail.com> com> wrote:
        Hi
        I wondered if you accepted members outwith the area I am up once a year to
        Peterhead and might be able to join you if you had a meeting then I could
        come. I am interested in Mary Robertsons CD's of the churchyards
        All the best for your first meeting.
        Colin Collie

        To: Peterhead@yahoogrou <mailto:Peterhead%40yahoogroups.comFrom> ps.comFrom:
        anneallan@dsl. <mailto:anneallan%40dsl.pipex.comDate> pipex.comDate: Wed, 9
        Jan 2008 13:35:54 +0000Subject: [Peterhead] Exciting News

        A new family history group is about to be set up in Buchan. The firstmeeting
        of the group will take place on 17th January at the PalaceHotel(7.30pm).
        Everyone with an interest is invited to come along ifthey can and join the
        group. It is hoped that local group members will be able to
        undertakeresearch in the area - MI recording etc. and publish the work. For
        those of you who have enquired, we have spoken to Mary Robertsonabout
        publishing her CD's of St Peter's Churchyard, and hopefully willbe able to
        do this quite quickly. I will post again when they are available.If anyone
        would like more details meantime please contact me direct.Anne
        Allananneallan@ <mailto:Allananneallan%40dsl.pipex.com> dsl.pipex.com

      • Anne Allan
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 10, 2008
          *H Moon wrote:*
          "Gosh I had a summer job as a waitress in the Palace in 1965. I remember
          some american guests trying to go to the beach wearing shorts on a
          sunday. They were stopped by a very irate manager and told to get
          dressed properly for the sabbath. Lovely hotel though."

          It is still a lovely hotel, but has changed a bit since the 1960's. But
          then what has'nt.

          Anne