RE: [Peterhead] Exciting News

  • colin collie
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2008
      Hi
      I wondered if you accepted members outwith the area I am up once a year to Peterhead and might be able to join you if you had a meeting then I could come. I am interested in Mary Robertsons CD's of the churchyards
      All the best for your first meeting.
      Colin Collie

      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comFrom: anneallan@...: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 13:35:54 +0000Subject: [Peterhead] Exciting News

      A new family history group is about to be set up in Buchan. The firstmeeting of the group will take place on 17th January at the PalaceHotel(7.30pm). Everyone with an interest is invited to come along ifthey can and join the group. It is hoped that local group members will be able to undertakeresearch in the area - MI recording etc. and publish the work. For those of you who have enquired, we have spoken to Mary Robertsonabout publishing her CD's of St Peter's Churchyard, and hopefully willbe able to do this quite quickly. I will post again when they are available.If anyone would like more details meantime please contact me direct.Anne Allananneallan@...

    • H MOON

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2008
          Good luck and please keep me informed. I may not be able to get there before
          2009.

          Regards

          William Leslie

          _____

          colin collie <crhc43@hotmail. <mailto:crhc43%40hotmail.com> com> wrote:
          Hi
          I wondered if you accepted members outwith the area I am up once a year to
          Peterhead and might be able to join you if you had a meeting then I could
          come. I am interested in Mary Robertsons CD's of the churchyards
          All the best for your first meeting.
          Colin Collie

          To: Peterhead@yahoogrou <mailto:Peterhead%40yahoogroups.comFrom> ps.comFrom:
          anneallan@dsl. <mailto:anneallan%40dsl.pipex.comDate> pipex.comDate: Wed, 9
          Jan 2008 13:35:54 +0000Subject: [Peterhead] Exciting News

          A new family history group is about to be set up in Buchan. The firstmeeting
          of the group will take place on 17th January at the PalaceHotel(7.30pm).
          Everyone with an interest is invited to come along ifthey can and join the
          group. It is hoped that local group members will be able to
          undertakeresearch in the area - MI recording etc. and publish the work. For
          those of you who have enquired, we have spoken to Mary Robertsonabout
          publishing her CD's of St Peter's Churchyard, and hopefully willbe able to
          do this quite quickly. I will post again when they are available.If anyone
          would like more details meantime please contact me direct.Anne
          Allananneallan@ <mailto:Allananneallan%40dsl.pipex.com> dsl.pipex.com

        • Anne Allan
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 10, 2008
            *H Moon wrote:*
            "Gosh I had a summer job as a waitress in the Palace in 1965. I remember
            some american guests trying to go to the beach wearing shorts on a
            sunday. They were stopped by a very irate manager and told to get
            dressed properly for the sabbath. Lovely hotel though."

            It is still a lovely hotel, but has changed a bit since the 1960's. But
            then what has'nt.

            Anne