Exciting News

  • Anne
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2008
      A new family history group is about to be set up in Buchan. The first
      meeting of the group will take place on 17th January at the Palace
      Hotel(7.30pm). Everyone with an interest is invited to come along if
      they can and join the group.
      It is hoped that local group members will be able to undertake
      research in the area - MI recording etc. and publish the work.
      For those of you who have enquired, we have spoken to Mary Robertson
      about publishing her CD's of St Peter's Churchyard, and hopefully will
      be able to do this quite quickly.
      I will post again when they are available.
      If anyone would like more details meantime please contact me direct.

      Anne Allan
      anneallan@...
    • colin collie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2008
        Hi
        I wondered if you accepted members outwith the area I am up once a year to Peterhead and might be able to join you if you had a meeting then I could come. I am interested in Mary Robertsons CD's of the churchyards
        All the best for your first meeting.
        Colin Collie

        To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comFrom: anneallan@...: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 13:35:54 +0000Subject: [Peterhead] Exciting News

        A new family history group is about to be set up in Buchan. The firstmeeting of the group will take place on 17th January at the PalaceHotel(7.30pm). Everyone with an interest is invited to come along ifthey can and join the group. It is hoped that local group members will be able to undertakeresearch in the area - MI recording etc. and publish the work. For those of you who have enquired, we have spoken to Mary Robertsonabout publishing her CD's of St Peter's Churchyard, and hopefully willbe able to do this quite quickly. I will post again when they are available.If anyone would like more details meantime please contact me direct.Anne Allananneallan@...

      • H MOON

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2008
            Good luck and please keep me informed. I may not be able to get there before
            2009.

            Regards

            William Leslie

            _____

            colin collie <crhc43@hotmail. <mailto:crhc43%40hotmail.com> com> wrote:
            Hi
            I wondered if you accepted members outwith the area I am up once a year to
            Peterhead and might be able to join you if you had a meeting then I could
            come. I am interested in Mary Robertsons CD's of the churchyards
            All the best for your first meeting.
            Colin Collie

            To: Peterhead@yahoogrou <mailto:Peterhead%40yahoogroups.comFrom> ps.comFrom:
            anneallan@dsl. <mailto:anneallan%40dsl.pipex.comDate> pipex.comDate: Wed, 9
            Jan 2008 13:35:54 +0000Subject: [Peterhead] Exciting News

            A new family history group is about to be set up in Buchan. The firstmeeting
            of the group will take place on 17th January at the PalaceHotel(7.30pm).
            Everyone with an interest is invited to come along ifthey can and join the
            group. It is hoped that local group members will be able to
            undertakeresearch in the area - MI recording etc. and publish the work. For
            those of you who have enquired, we have spoken to Mary Robertsonabout
            publishing her CD's of St Peter's Churchyard, and hopefully willbe able to
            do this quite quickly. I will post again when they are available.If anyone
            would like more details meantime please contact me direct.Anne
            Allananneallan@ <mailto:Allananneallan%40dsl.pipex.com> dsl.pipex.com

          • Anne Allan
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 10, 2008
              *H Moon wrote:*
              "Gosh I had a summer job as a waitress in the Palace in 1965. I remember
              some american guests trying to go to the beach wearing shorts on a
              sunday. They were stopped by a very irate manager and told to get
              dressed properly for the sabbath. Lovely hotel though."

              It is still a lovely hotel, but has changed a bit since the 1960's. But
              then what has'nt.

              Anne