Re: Welcome to Peterhead@onelist.com

  • Pearl Wilson
    Message 1 of 18 , May 5, 1999
      Hi All Members,

      And thankyou for setting up this List Wade..

      My main Line in Peterhead is that of the GIBB Family.

      Any others related out there???

      Cheers,
      Pearl.
      http://members.tripod.com/PearlsPad/
    • DMHINEY@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 18 , May 18, 1999
        I'm Researching the Will Surname. My gg grandfather James Will was born in
        Peterhead in 1809. Have no Idea who parents were. Anyone with info on this
        surname please contact me.

        Thanks
        Debbie
      • anna wilkie
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 11 7:46 AM
          >From: Peterhead-owner@onelist.com
          >To: anna_wilkie@...
          >Subject: [Peterhead] Welcome to Peterhead@onelist.com
          >Date: 11 Jul 1999 14:05:42 -0000
          >
          >Hello,
          >
          >Welcome to the Peterhead Mailing list. Please take a moment to review this
          >message.
          >
          >To unsubscribe from this list, go to the ONElist web site, at
          >www.onelist.com, and select the User Center link from the menu bar
          >on the left. This menu will also let you change your subscription
          >between digest and normal mode.
          >
          >Please only talk about Peterhead information, records or ancestors from
          >Peterhead.
          >
          >As a start you could tell us all the people you are researching from
          >Peterhead.
          >
          >Thanks,
          >Wade Buchan

          Hello there,
          I am hoping to find out more about my husband's STEPHEN ancestors in
          Peterhead.
          His greatgrandfather was JAMES CORDINER STEPHEN b. Sept 1, 1856 in
          Peterhead. James parents were (According to his marriage record) ROBERT
          STEPHEN and ANN CORDINER. I am hoping to find out if this was the Robert
          Stephen and ANN cordiner who were married in Peterhead on NOv 22, 1855.

          Also , according to the International Genealogical Index JAMEs Stephen's
          siblings were:
          ROBERT STEPHEN b MAr 27, 1858
          WILLIAM SELLAR STEPHEN b. July 29, 1860
          ANN SELLAR STEPHEN b. July 13, 1862
          MATTHEW STEWART STEPHEN b. Jan 2, 1866 d, 1867
          DAVID CARDNO STEPHEN b. June 20, 1868
          MATTHEW NICOL STEPHEN b. Dec 10, 1870
          JOHN BROWN STEPHEN b. July 31, 1873

          All in Peterhead

          Does anyone out there recognize any of these names?
        • Shelley Steven
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 12 7:44 PM
            Hello Anna. My name is Shelley Stephen and I sure do recognize those names!
            My husband's great great grandfather was James Stephen, born May 15, 1805
            who married Anne Cordiner, born Nov 22,1806. Their children were: Robert,
            born 1869, Alice born 1870, Susan Ann, born 1872, Henrietta born 1874, James
            Garden born 1876, William born 1878, Agnes born 1880, Thomas Hutchison, Born
            1881, George Craib born 1884, Elsie Gordon born 1887, Sarah Elizabeth born
            1889, and John Clark (our grandpa) born 1893. Robert Stephen was my
            husband's great-grandfather who emigrated to Maymont, Saskatchewan in the
            early 1900's. He was the only one of twelve in the family to move to
            Canada, there are relatives in South Africa and Australia as well. There's
            likely a link between us!

            p.s. Is the international genealogical index a website? If so, I'd really
            appreciate the address.

            thank you,

            Shelley Stephen
            (we're in Campbell River, British Columbia on Vancouver Island)

            >>Welcome to the Peterhead Mailing list. Please take a moment to review this
            >>message.
            >>
            >>To unsubscribe from this list, go to the ONElist web site, at
            >>www.onelist.com, and select the User Center link from the menu bar
            >>on the left. This menu will also let you change your subscription
            >>between digest and normal mode.
            >>
            >>Please only talk about Peterhead information, records or ancestors from
            >>Peterhead.
            >>
            >>As a start you could tell us all the people you are researching from
            >>Peterhead.
            >>
            >>Thanks,
            >>Wade Buchan
            >
            >Hello there,
            >I am hoping to find out more about my husband's STEPHEN ancestors in
            >Peterhead.
            >His greatgrandfather was JAMES CORDINER STEPHEN b. Sept 1, 1856 in
            >Peterhead. James parents were (According to his marriage record) ROBERT
            >STEPHEN and ANN CORDINER. I am hoping to find out if this was the Robert
            >Stephen and ANN cordiner who were married in Peterhead on NOv 22, 1855.
            >
            >Also , according to the International Genealogical Index JAMEs Stephen's
            >siblings were:
            >ROBERT STEPHEN b MAr 27, 1858
            >WILLIAM SELLAR STEPHEN b. July 29, 1860
            >ANN SELLAR STEPHEN b. July 13, 1862
            >MATTHEW STEWART STEPHEN b. Jan 2, 1866 d, 1867
            >DAVID CARDNO STEPHEN b. June 20, 1868
            >MATTHEW NICOL STEPHEN b. Dec 10, 1870
            >JOHN BROWN STEPHEN b. July 31, 1873
            >
            >All in Peterhead
            >
            >Does anyone out there recognize any of these names?

            >Campaign 2000 is here!
            >http://www.onelist.com
            >Discuss your thoughts; get informed at ONElist. See our homepage.

          • Jim Mann Taylor
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 13 5:20 AM
              >My husband's great great grandfather was James Stephen, born May 15, 1805
              >who married Anne Cordiner, born Nov 22,1806. Their children were: Robert,
              >born 1869, Alice born 1870, Susan Ann, born 1872, Henrietta born 1874, James
              >Garden born 1876, William born 1878, Agnes born 1880, Thomas Hutchison, Born
              >1881, George Craib born 1884, Elsie Gordon born 1887, Sarah Elizabeth born
              >1889, and John Clark (our grandpa) born 1893. Robert Stephen was my
              >husband's great-grandfather who emigrated to Maymont, Saskatchewan in the
              >early 1900's.

              Shelley,

              I think you have made a mistake. There is no way that your Anne born in
              1806 could have given birth to that family ending with your relative born
              in 1893. That would have made Anne about 86 when she gave birth to John
              Clark. Even the first child in 1969 when Anne was 62ish is probably
              impossible. I think you have probably jumped two generations.

              Jim Mann Taylor
              Gloucestershire, England
              Aberdeenshire Families
              Main surnames include Taylor, Ingram, Garden, Cordiner, Stephen, Bradford,
              Birnie, Brodie, Ferguson, Mitchell, Chalmers, Allardyce.
              Plus Mann of Norfolk and Ralph of Nairn.
              <http://www.j.mann.taylor.clara.co.uk/family.htm>
            • Alison Anderson
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 1, 1999
                Hi everyone,

                I'm looking for information on William Finnie (born c1766, no info on
                parents, death date unknown, but buried Peterhead), his wife Catherine Greig
                (born c1766, died 1858, and buried Peterhead), marriage date/place unknown.
                Catherine was the daughter of James Greig and Ann Alexander (no details
                known). I know William & Catherine had at least two sons - James (born
                c1811, married Mary Fraser - 30 December, 1837, Aberdeen, and died 28 July,
                1890), and Robert (born ?, married Mary Smith 23 September, 1837, Peterhead,
                died ?). Details of any other children to William & Catherine or any other
                Finnie's from Peterhead would be very welcome. I have a note of some of the
                children for James & Robert, but do not know all their wives or children.

                A. Anderson