GGGGrandad Campbell

  • frank6344
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2007
      Hi, not much is known about my ggggrandad John Campbell except he was
      believed to have been a Catholic Priest who made his housekeeper
      pregnant,and was defrocked.He married her(Jessie McDonald and they had
      a son also called John who was born about 1842, he died on sept 28 1921
      in Stirling and was buried in Ballengeich cemetery.We know he worked as
      a seaman on whaling ships from Peterhead, he moved to Leith and North
      Queensferry, also worked on the Forth Road Bridge as a rigger and
      painter, any info about his Dad and earlier would be greatly
      appreciated, thankyou. Marilyn.
    • Cci
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 21, 2007
        Hi Marilyn,

        The only thing I could find was this.

        Oakshaw Street, Pailsey, Renfrewshire

        John Campbell, head mar, 40, Minister, born Outside Census Area
        Jane Campbell, wife, mar, 35, brn Renfrew
        Flora Buchanan, female servant, 21, born Outside Census Area
        Jane McDougall, female servant, 21, born, O. C. A.

        Could this be John's parents.
        Jane is often called Jessie and McDonald is similar to McDougall.
        What do you think.

        Catherine

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 24, 2007
            This info is from ancestry.com