Re: [SPAM] [Peterhead] Slesser Family

  • Betty Holmes
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
      I also have connections to the SLESSOR Family in Peterhead.

      As already mentioned-Isabella DIVERALL b 1809 married JOHN SLESSOR in 1843.
      Isabella Diverall - was the son of William Diverall & Isabella Mitchell.
      I have followed this tree for a few Generations. My Husband's Grandfather's mother was a Diverall.
      If you would like more information please ask.
      Betty Holmes.

    • haworth.jill
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2007
        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:
        Hi Catherine: Thank-you for your valuable information. You have
        been very helpful. Would it be possible for you to check the 1841
        and 1851 census for George Slessor (John Slessor's brother)? I know
        he died in 1856 but I'm still hoping to find some link to their
        parents Alexander Slessor and Mary McKay.
        Regards,
        Jill

        > Hi Jill,
        > This is John Slessor.
        >

        > 1841
        > Errol Street, Peterhead
        > John Slessor, head, 20, Seaman, brn Peterhead
        > 1841
        > Queen Street, Peterhead
        > Jamaica Street, Peterhead
        > Isabella Deverall, 29, Female servant, brn Peterhead
        > Mary Robertson, head, 70, Independant, brn Peterhead
        > Margaret Bogie, 23, Female servant brn Peterhead
        >
        > 1851
        > Queen Street, Peterhead
        > John Slessor, head mar, 35, Cooper, brn Peterhead
        > Isbella Slessor, wife, mar, 41, brn Peterhead
        > John Slessor, son, 5, scholar, brn Peterhead
        >
        > 1861
        > 21 Castle Street, Peterhead
        > Isabella Slessor, head, 37, brn Peterhead
        > John Slessor, son, 15, Cabinet maker journeyman, brn Peterhead
        > William Slessor, son, 9, scholar, brn Peterhead
        >
        > Could'nt find John Slessor on the 1861 census.
        >
        > 1871
        > 22/2 Keith Street, Peterhead
        > John Slessor, head, mar, 54, Cooper, brn Peterhead
        > Isabella Slessor, wife, mar, 60, brn Peterhead
        > William Slessor, son, 19, Ship ??, brn Peterhead
        > James Davidson, 20, boarder, Draper, brn Cruden
        >
        > 1881
        > 9 Queen Street, Peterhead
        > Isabella Slessor, head, 71, Formerly domestic servant, brn Peterhead
        > William Slessor, head, mar, 29, Harbour contractors clerk, brn
        Peterhead

        Date:
        > 11/22/2007 6:55 PM

        11/30/2007 9:26 PM

      • haworth.jill
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2, 2007

          Date:
          > 11/22/2007 6:55 PM

          11/30/2007 9:26 PM

        • Cci
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2, 2007
            Hi Jill,
            If you ever need to see anything on the 1841 and 1851 census for Peterhead there is the FreeCen site.

            1841
            Errol Street, Northside, Peterhead
            George Slessor, head, mar, 30, Shoemaker journeyman, brn Aberdeenshire
            Elisabeth Slessor, wife, mar, 25, brn Aberdeenshire

            1851
            Errol Street, Peterhead
            George Slessor, head, mar, 44, Shoemaker, brn Peterhead
            Elisabeth Slessor, wife, mar, 38, brn Fraserburgh

            1861
            Elisabeth Slesser, head, 45, Boarding house keeper, brn Fraserburgh
            Alexander Buchan, boarder, 28, Turner journeyman, brn Fraserburgh

            Did'nt see Elisabeth/Elizabeth on the 1871.

            If you need any more help please don't hesitate to ask.
            Best wishes,
            Catherine

            Date:
            > 11/22/2007 6:55 PM