Re: Cemetery Records at Peterhead

  • DeLories (De)
    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 1, 2007
      May I please be included for the CD. I live in Arizona(in the winter) &
      Washington State(in the summer) and would be happy to make copies of the CD
      to send to others in the US, if this would be of any help.

      I too, have quite a few Robertson's from Peterhead as well as other surnames
      and would be happy to share what I do have.

      Regards

      DeLories

      www.tribalpages.com/tribes/cheyne

    • maymyo25
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 7, 2008
        Ian,

        Would you please add my name to the list of people interested in
        purchasing the Peterhead cemetery CD's. I did manage to get to
        Peterhead this year but could only stay a day. I did find one grave I
        was looking for with information provided by the Registrar (alas, no
        headstone) but need more information about the rest of the family
        burials.

        Many thanks,
        Elizabeth Robertson

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

        > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
        >
        > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
        in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
        1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
        > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
        buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
        is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
        are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
        lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
        get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
        identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
        believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
        and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
        > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
        work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
        and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
        correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
        and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
        cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
        come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
        she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
        email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

        > Sincerely,
        > Ian Robertson
        > Ian D Robertson Inc
        > Delta, BC, Canada
        > V4M 2K3
        > Tel: 604-943-3715
        > fax:604-943-7391
        > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
        > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

        > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        11/25/2007 4:24 PM

      • haworth.jill
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 7, 2008
          Hello Ian: I would be interested in obtaining the CD's that you
          are referring to, with regards to St. Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery
          and Constitution Street Cemetery. Please let me know when they are
          available.
          Thank-you,
          Jill Haworth

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

          > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
          >
          > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
          in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
          1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
          > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
          buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
          is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
          are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
          lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
          get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
          identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
          believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
          and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
          > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
          work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
          and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
          correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
          and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
          cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
          come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
          she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
          email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

          > Sincerely,
          > Ian Robertson
          > Ian D Robertson Inc
          > Delta, BC, Canada
          > V4M 2K3
          > Tel: 604-943-3715
          > fax:604-943-7391
          > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
          > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

          > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          11/25/2007 4:24 PM

        • haworth.jill
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 7, 2008
            Hello Ian: I would be interested in obtaining the CD's that you
            are referring to, with regards to St. Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery
            and Constitution Street Cemetery. Please let me know when they are
            available.
            Thank-you,
            Jill Haworth

            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

            > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
            >
            > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
            in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
            1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
            > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
            buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
            is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
            are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
            lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
            get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
            identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
            believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
            and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
            > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
            work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
            and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
            correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
            and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
            cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
            come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
            she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
            email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

            > Sincerely,
            > Ian Robertson
            > Ian D Robertson Inc
            > Delta, BC, Canada
            > V4M 2K3
            > Tel: 604-943-3715
            > fax:604-943-7391
            > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
            > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

            > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            11/25/2007 4:24 PM

          • DeLories (De)
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 8, 2008
              I, like so many, would be interested in the CD's. Let me know how much and
              where I send the money.

              I, also, have Robertson's in out Peterhead line as well as many Peterhead
              ancestors and also from the surrounding areas.

              Thank you

              DeLories

            • Gweneth Myers
              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 8, 2008
                G'day Ian
                Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released. Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
                Thanks heaps,
                Gwen Myers.

                Hello Ian: I would be interested in obtaining the CD's that you
                are referring to, with regards to St. Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery
                and Constitution Street Cemetery. Please let me know when they are
                available.
                Thank-you,
                Jill Haworth

                --- In Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                >
                > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
                1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
                are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
                lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
                get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
                identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
                believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
                and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
                and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
                correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
                and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
                cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
                come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
                she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
                email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

                > Sincerely,
                > Ian Robertson
                > Ian D Robertson Inc
                > Delta, BC, Canada
                > V4M 2K3
                > Tel: 604-943-3715
                > fax:604-943- 7391
                > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@ ..."idr@. ..
                > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertso ninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc. ca

                > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                11/25/2007 4:24 PM

              • Ian Robertson
                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 9, 2008
                  Greetings to all interested in Peterhead Cemetery Records (and there are dozens of you).

                  Since I first posted my message back in November I have heard from over 30 people. I have also been able to get in contact with the author (with whom I had lost contact temporarily). Initially it was agreed that I would make copies and sell from Canada. Then just after Christmas I received word that a new genealogy group was being set up in Peterhead. It will include a person knowledgeable in IT, and that they would like to make and distribute copies themselves. This is the wish of the author.

                  So for now I would ask everyone to be a bit patient, to wait for a note on this discussion group, and then for you to make your request known to them.

                  As I understand it, the Old Churchyard is a 'finished product', but Mary Robertson wants to do some more work on the Constitution St Cemetery - so I am not sure of its distribution status.

                  Sincerely,
                  Ian Robertson
                  864 Pacific Dr
                  Delta, BC, Canada
                  V4M 2K3
                  Tel: 604-943-3715
                  fax:604-943-7391
                  email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                  web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                • kathytrevelyan
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008
                    I'd like a CD too please!
                    Kathy

                    --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Gweneth Myers <gwenethmyers@...>
                    wrote:

                    > G'day Ian
                    > Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released.
                    Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
                    > Thanks heaps,
                    > Gwen Myers.

                  • kathytrevelyan
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008

                      wrote:

                      > G'day Ian
                      > Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released.
                      Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
                      > Thanks heaps,
                      > Gwen Myers.

                    • traceclip
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008
                        Thank you Ian for posting this information. I am among the interested
                        parties who have not yet registered an interest with you, and will
                        keep an eye on the forum to see when this becomes available.

                        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                        > Greetings to all interested in Peterhead Cemetery Records (and there
                        are dozens of you).

                        > Since I first posted my message back in November I have heard from
                        over 30 people. I have also been able to get in contact with the
                        author (with whom I had lost contact temporarily). Initially it was
                        agreed that I would make copies and sell from Canada. Then just after
                        Christmas I received word that a new genealogy group was being set up
                        in Peterhead. It will include a person knowledgeable in IT, and that
                        they would like to make and distribute copies themselves. This is the
                        wish of the author.

                        > So for now I would ask everyone to be a bit patient, to wait for a
                        note on this discussion group, and then for you to make your request
                        known to them.

                        > As I understand it, the Old Churchyard is a 'finished product', but
                        Mary Robertson wants to do some more work on the Constitution St
                        Cemetery - so I am not sure of its distribution status.

                        > Sincerely,
                        > Ian Robertson
                        > 864 Pacific Dr
                        > Delta, BC, Canada