Re: [SPAM] [Peterhead] Slesser Family

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2007
      Hi Jill,
      I also followed throught the census' Thomas Slessor who was 4 on the 1841 census.
      It's very easy to follow the male line, I hope you don't mind me doing that.
      I'll start with John Slessor another night.

      Robert Slessor/Slesser

      1841
      St Peters, Eastside, Peterhead
      Robert Slessor, head, mar, 26, Seaman, brn Aberdeenshire
      Ann Slessor, wife, mar, 20, brn Aberdeenshire
      Thomas Slessor, son, 4, brn Aberdeenshire
      Jean Slessor, dau, 1, brn Aberdeenshire

      1851
      Maiden Lane, Peterhead
      Ann Slesser, wife of head, 33, Seamans wife, brn Strichen
      Thomas Slesser, son, 13, brn Strichen
      Mary Ann Slesser, dau, 7, scholar, brn Peterhead
      Isabella Slesser, dau, 1, brn Peterhead

      1861
      21/1 Backgate Street, Peterhead
      Ann Slessor, head, mar, 44, Seamans wife, (M.S.) brn Strichen
      Jean Slessor, dau, 22, Domestic serv, brn Peterhead
      Robert Slessor, son, 7, brn Peterhead

      1871
      8 Porthenry Lane, Peterhead
      Robert Slessor, head, mar, 55, Pilot, brn Cruden
      Ann Slessor, wife, mar, 58, brn Strichen
      Mary Ann Slessor, dau, 29, Dealer in fish, brn Peterhead
      Robert Slessor, grandson, 6, scholar, brn Peterhead
      Ann Selssor, granddau, 1, brn Peterhead

      1871
      Porthenry Lane, Peterhead
      Thomas Slessor, head, mar, 36, Pilot, brn Peterhead
      Ellen Slessor, wife, mar, 30, brn Peterhead
      Thomas Lawrence, neice, 7, scholar, brn Peterhead
      Robert Selssor, brother, 18, fisherman, brn Peterhead

      1881
      26a Seagate Street, Peterhead
      Robert Slessor, head, mar, 61, Pilot, brn Peterhead
      Ann Slessor, wife, mar, 65, brn Strichen
      Mary Ann Slessor, dau, 39, brn Peterhead
      Thomas Lawrence, grandson, 16, Plasterer, brn Peterhead
      Robert Slessor, grandson, 14, Carter, brn Peterhead (mother Mary Ann Slessor)
      George Masson, grandson, 7, scholar, brn Peterhead (mother Mary Ann Slessor)
      Jane Slessor, granddau, 3, brn Peterhead
      Isabella Slessor, granddau, 6 months, brn Peterhead

      1881
      20 Seagate Street, Peterhead
      Thomas Slessor, head, mar, 42, Pilot, brn Peterhead
      Helen Slessor, wife, mar, 40, brn Strichen
      Helen Slessor, neice, 11, scholar, brn Peterhead
      Ann Watt, mother in law, 63, brn Strichen

      1891
      26 Longate Street, Peterhead
      Thomas Slesser, head, mar, 56, Pilot, brn Cruden
      Helen Slesser, wife, mar, 51, brn Cruden
      Ann Hall Forbes, neice, 2, brn Cruden

      1901
      88b Longate Street, Peterhead
      Thomas Slessor, head, mar, 63, Pilot, brn Peterhead
      Helen Slesser, wife, mar, 63, brn Peterhead
      Ann Wilson Slesser, adopted dau, 12, scholar, brn Peterhead

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
        Hi Jill,
        This is John Slessor.

        1841
        Errol Street, Peterhead
        John Slessor, head, 20, Seaman, brn Peterhead
        1841
        Queen Street, Peterhead
        Jamaica Street, Peterhead
        Isabella Deverall, 29, Female servant, brn Peterhead
        Mary Robertson, head, 70, Independant, brn Peterhead
        Margaret Bogie, 23, Female servant brn Peterhead

        1851
        Queen Street, Peterhead
        John Slessor, head mar, 35, Cooper, brn Peterhead
        Isbella Slessor, wife, mar, 41, brn Peterhead
        John Slessor, son, 5, scholar, brn Peterhead

        1861
        21 Castle Street, Peterhead
        Isabella Slessor, head, 37, brn Peterhead
        John Slessor, son, 15, Cabinet maker journeyman, brn Peterhead
        William Slessor, son, 9, scholar, brn Peterhead

        Could'nt find John Slessor on the 1861 census.

        1871
        22/2 Keith Street, Peterhead
        John Slessor, head, mar, 54, Cooper, brn Peterhead
        Isabella Slessor, wife, mar, 60, brn Peterhead
        William Slessor, son, 19, Ship ??, brn Peterhead
        James Davidson, 20, boarder, Draper, brn Cruden

        1881
        9 Queen Street, Peterhead
        Isabella Slessor, head, 71, Formerly domestic servant, brn Peterhead
        William Slessor, head, mar, 29, Harbour contractors clerk, brn Peterhead
        Jane Slessor, wife, mar, 27, brn Peterhead
        Annabella Slessor, dau, 2, brn Peterhead
        Eliza Jane Slessor, dau, 1, brn Peterhead

        1891
        69 Queen Street, Peterhead
        Jane Slessor, head, 37, Bookseller, brn Peterhead
        Annabella Slessor, dau, 12, scholar, brn Peterhead
        Sophia J Slessor, dau, 11, scholar, brn Peterhead
        Maggie S Slessor, dau, 9, scholar, brn Peterhead
        Alexandrina Slessor, dau, 7, scholar, brn Peterhead
        Jane Ann Thom, 14, Domestic servant, brn Peterhead

        1901
        22 Queen Street, Peterhead
        Jane Slessor, head, 49, Bookseller, brn Peterhead
        Maggie S Slessor, dau, 19, Post office asst, brn Peterhead
        Alexandrina Slessor, dau, 17, Mothers help, brn Peterhead

        Yes, I would be interested if you could follow John and George
        Slessor through the census. John Slessor is my great-great
        grandfather (William is my great-grandfather).
        Thank-you,
        Jill

        > Hi Jill,
        > I could'nt find anything about Alexander Slessor at Ancestry, but
        found this;

        > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Mary Ann
        > born 2 Oct 1842 bap 23 Oct 1842
        > before William Robb and David Craig
        >
        > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Jean
        > born 1 Oct 1839 bap 11 Oct 1839
        > before John Lawson and James Hutchison
        >
        > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a son Thomas
        > bap 28 Feb 1836
        > before John Lawson and David Craig
        >
        > John Slessor, Cooper in Peterhead and Isabella Divral
        > his wife a son William born 13 Aug 1851 bap 28 Aug 1851
        > before William Divral and George Slessor
        >
        > John Slessor, Cooper in Peterhead and Isabella Divral
        > his wife a son John born 6 Dec 1845 bap 18 Dec 1845
        > before William and James Divral
        >
        > If these are your George and John Slessor's I can follow them
        through
        > the census's if you don't have access to them.
        > Catherine

        11/22/2007 6:55 PM

      • Betty Holmes
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
          I also have connections to the SLESSOR Family in Peterhead.

          As already mentioned-Isabella DIVERALL b 1809 married JOHN SLESSOR in 1843.
          Isabella Diverall - was the son of William Diverall & Isabella Mitchell.
          I have followed this tree for a few Generations. My Husband's Grandfather's mother was a Diverall.
          If you would like more information please ask.
          Betty Holmes.

        • haworth.jill
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2, 2007
            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:
            Hi Catherine: Thank-you for your valuable information. You have
            been very helpful. Would it be possible for you to check the 1841
            and 1851 census for George Slessor (John Slessor's brother)? I know
            he died in 1856 but I'm still hoping to find some link to their
            parents Alexander Slessor and Mary McKay.
            Regards,
            Jill

            Date:
            > 11/22/2007 6:55 PM

            11/30/2007 9:26 PM

          • haworth.jill
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 2, 2007

              Date:
              > 11/22/2007 6:55 PM

              11/30/2007 9:26 PM

            • Cci
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 2, 2007
                Hi Jill,
                If you ever need to see anything on the 1841 and 1851 census for Peterhead there is the FreeCen site.

                1841
                Errol Street, Northside, Peterhead
                George Slessor, head, mar, 30, Shoemaker journeyman, brn Aberdeenshire
                Elisabeth Slessor, wife, mar, 25, brn Aberdeenshire

                1851
                Errol Street, Peterhead
                George Slessor, head, mar, 44, Shoemaker, brn Peterhead
                Elisabeth Slessor, wife, mar, 38, brn Fraserburgh

                1861
                Elisabeth Slesser, head, 45, Boarding house keeper, brn Fraserburgh
                Alexander Buchan, boarder, 28, Turner journeyman, brn Fraserburgh

                Did'nt see Elisabeth/Elizabeth on the 1871.

                If you need any more help please don't hesitate to ask.
                Best wishes,
                Catherine

                Date:
                > 11/22/2007 6:55 PM