Re: [SPAM] [Peterhead] Slesser Family

  • haworth.jill
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2007
      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:
      >Hello Catherine:
      Yes, I would be interested if you could follow John and George
      Slessor through the census. John Slessor is my great-great
      grandfather (William is my great-grandfather).
      Thank-you,
      Jill

      > Hi Jill,
      > I could'nt find anything about Alexander Slessor at Ancestry, but
      found this;

      > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Mary Ann
      > born 2 Oct 1842 bap 23 Oct 1842
      > before William Robb and David Craig
      >
      > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Jean
      > born 1 Oct 1839 bap 11 Oct 1839
      > before John Lawson and James Hutchison
      >
      > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a son Thomas
      > bap 28 Feb 1836
      > before John Lawson and David Craig
      >
      > John Slessor, Cooper in Peterhead and Isabella Divral
      > his wife a son William born 13 Aug 1851 bap 28 Aug 1851
      > before William Divral and George Slessor
      >
      > John Slessor, Cooper in Peterhead and Isabella Divral
      > his wife a son John born 6 Dec 1845 bap 18 Dec 1845
      > before William and James Divral
      >
      > If these are your George and John Slessor's I can follow them
      through
      > the census's if you don't have access to them.
      > Catherine

      Slessor)
      > family of Peterhead. My great,great,great-grandfather was
      Alexander
      > (married to Mary McKay). He had two sons, George and John(my
      great-
      > great grandfather and a daughter, too, I think. Any information
      on this
      > family would be most helpful. Thank-you
      > Jill

      11/22/2007 6:55 PM

    • Cci
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2007
        Hi Jill,
        I also followed throught the census' Thomas Slessor who was 4 on the 1841 census.
        It's very easy to follow the male line, I hope you don't mind me doing that.
        I'll start with John Slessor another night.

        Robert Slessor/Slesser

        1841
        St Peters, Eastside, Peterhead
        Robert Slessor, head, mar, 26, Seaman, brn Aberdeenshire
        Ann Slessor, wife, mar, 20, brn Aberdeenshire
        Thomas Slessor, son, 4, brn Aberdeenshire
        Jean Slessor, dau, 1, brn Aberdeenshire

        1851
        Maiden Lane, Peterhead
        Ann Slesser, wife of head, 33, Seamans wife, brn Strichen
        Thomas Slesser, son, 13, brn Strichen
        Mary Ann Slesser, dau, 7, scholar, brn Peterhead
        Isabella Slesser, dau, 1, brn Peterhead

        1861
        21/1 Backgate Street, Peterhead
        Ann Slessor, head, mar, 44, Seamans wife, (M.S.) brn Strichen
        Jean Slessor, dau, 22, Domestic serv, brn Peterhead
        Robert Slessor, son, 7, brn Peterhead

        1871
        8 Porthenry Lane, Peterhead
        Robert Slessor, head, mar, 55, Pilot, brn Cruden
        Ann Slessor, wife, mar, 58, brn Strichen
        Mary Ann Slessor, dau, 29, Dealer in fish, brn Peterhead
        Robert Slessor, grandson, 6, scholar, brn Peterhead
        Ann Selssor, granddau, 1, brn Peterhead

        1871
        Porthenry Lane, Peterhead
        Thomas Slessor, head, mar, 36, Pilot, brn Peterhead
        Ellen Slessor, wife, mar, 30, brn Peterhead
        Thomas Lawrence, neice, 7, scholar, brn Peterhead
        Robert Selssor, brother, 18, fisherman, brn Peterhead

        1881
        26a Seagate Street, Peterhead
        Robert Slessor, head, mar, 61, Pilot, brn Peterhead
        Ann Slessor, wife, mar, 65, brn Strichen
        Mary Ann Slessor, dau, 39, brn Peterhead
        Thomas Lawrence, grandson, 16, Plasterer, brn Peterhead
        Robert Slessor, grandson, 14, Carter, brn Peterhead (mother Mary Ann Slessor)
        George Masson, grandson, 7, scholar, brn Peterhead (mother Mary Ann Slessor)
        Jane Slessor, granddau, 3, brn Peterhead
        Isabella Slessor, granddau, 6 months, brn Peterhead

        1881
        20 Seagate Street, Peterhead
        Thomas Slessor, head, mar, 42, Pilot, brn Peterhead
        Helen Slessor, wife, mar, 40, brn Strichen
        Helen Slessor, neice, 11, scholar, brn Peterhead
        Ann Watt, mother in law, 63, brn Strichen

        1891
        26 Longate Street, Peterhead
        Thomas Slesser, head, mar, 56, Pilot, brn Cruden
        Helen Slesser, wife, mar, 51, brn Cruden
        Ann Hall Forbes, neice, 2, brn Cruden

        1901
        88b Longate Street, Peterhead
        Thomas Slessor, head, mar, 63, Pilot, brn Peterhead
        Helen Slesser, wife, mar, 63, brn Peterhead
        Ann Wilson Slesser, adopted dau, 12, scholar, brn Peterhead

        Yes, I would be interested if you could follow John and George
        Slessor through the census. John Slessor is my great-great
        grandfather (William is my great-grandfather).
        Thank-you,
        Jill

        > Hi Jill,
        > I could'nt find anything about Alexander Slessor at Ancestry, but
        found this;

        > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Mary Ann
        > born 2 Oct 1842 bap 23 Oct 1842
        > before William Robb and David Craig
        >
        > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Jean
        > born 1 Oct 1839 bap 11 Oct 1839
        > before John Lawson and James Hutchison
        >
        > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a son Thomas
        > bap 28 Feb 1836
        > before John Lawson and David Craig
        >
        > John Slessor, Cooper in Peterhead and Isabella Divral
        > his wife a son William born 13 Aug 1851 bap 28 Aug 1851
        > before William Divral and George Slessor
        >
        > John Slessor, Cooper in Peterhead and Isabella Divral
        > his wife a son John born 6 Dec 1845 bap 18 Dec 1845
        > before William and James Divral
        >
        > If these are your George and John Slessor's I can follow them
        through
        > the census's if you don't have access to them.
        > Catherine

        11/22/2007 6:55 PM

      • Cci
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
          Hi Jill,
          This is John Slessor.

          1841
          Errol Street, Peterhead
          John Slessor, head, 20, Seaman, brn Peterhead
          1841
          Queen Street, Peterhead
          Jamaica Street, Peterhead
          Isabella Deverall, 29, Female servant, brn Peterhead
          Mary Robertson, head, 70, Independant, brn Peterhead
          Margaret Bogie, 23, Female servant brn Peterhead

          1851
          Queen Street, Peterhead
          John Slessor, head mar, 35, Cooper, brn Peterhead
          Isbella Slessor, wife, mar, 41, brn Peterhead
          John Slessor, son, 5, scholar, brn Peterhead

          1861
          21 Castle Street, Peterhead
          Isabella Slessor, head, 37, brn Peterhead
          John Slessor, son, 15, Cabinet maker journeyman, brn Peterhead
          William Slessor, son, 9, scholar, brn Peterhead

          Could'nt find John Slessor on the 1861 census.

          1871
          22/2 Keith Street, Peterhead
          John Slessor, head, mar, 54, Cooper, brn Peterhead
          Isabella Slessor, wife, mar, 60, brn Peterhead
          William Slessor, son, 19, Ship ??, brn Peterhead
          James Davidson, 20, boarder, Draper, brn Cruden

          1881
          9 Queen Street, Peterhead
          Isabella Slessor, head, 71, Formerly domestic servant, brn Peterhead
          William Slessor, head, mar, 29, Harbour contractors clerk, brn Peterhead
          Jane Slessor, wife, mar, 27, brn Peterhead
          Annabella Slessor, dau, 2, brn Peterhead
          Eliza Jane Slessor, dau, 1, brn Peterhead

          1891
          69 Queen Street, Peterhead
          Jane Slessor, head, 37, Bookseller, brn Peterhead
          Annabella Slessor, dau, 12, scholar, brn Peterhead
          Sophia J Slessor, dau, 11, scholar, brn Peterhead
          Maggie S Slessor, dau, 9, scholar, brn Peterhead
          Alexandrina Slessor, dau, 7, scholar, brn Peterhead
          Jane Ann Thom, 14, Domestic servant, brn Peterhead

          1901
          22 Queen Street, Peterhead
          Jane Slessor, head, 49, Bookseller, brn Peterhead
          Maggie S Slessor, dau, 19, Post office asst, brn Peterhead
          Alexandrina Slessor, dau, 17, Mothers help, brn Peterhead

          Yes, I would be interested if you could follow John and George
          Slessor through the census. John Slessor is my great-great
          grandfather (William is my great-grandfather).
          Thank-you,
          Jill

          > Hi Jill,
          > I could'nt find anything about Alexander Slessor at Ancestry, but
          found this;

          > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Mary Ann
          > born 2 Oct 1842 bap 23 Oct 1842
          > before William Robb and David Craig
          >
          > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Jean
          > born 1 Oct 1839 bap 11 Oct 1839
          > before John Lawson and James Hutchison
          >
          > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a son Thomas
          > bap 28 Feb 1836
          > before John Lawson and David Craig
          >
          > John Slessor, Cooper in Peterhead and Isabella Divral
          > his wife a son William born 13 Aug 1851 bap 28 Aug 1851
          > before William Divral and George Slessor
          >
          > John Slessor, Cooper in Peterhead and Isabella Divral
          > his wife a son John born 6 Dec 1845 bap 18 Dec 1845
          > before William and James Divral
          >
          > If these are your George and John Slessor's I can follow them
          through
          > the census's if you don't have access to them.
          > Catherine

          11/22/2007 6:55 PM

        • Betty Holmes
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
            I also have connections to the SLESSOR Family in Peterhead.

            As already mentioned-Isabella DIVERALL b 1809 married JOHN SLESSOR in 1843.
            Isabella Diverall - was the son of William Diverall & Isabella Mitchell.
            I have followed this tree for a few Generations. My Husband's Grandfather's mother was a Diverall.
            If you would like more information please ask.
            Betty Holmes.

          • haworth.jill
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 2, 2007
              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:
              Hi Catherine: Thank-you for your valuable information. You have
              been very helpful. Would it be possible for you to check the 1841
              and 1851 census for George Slessor (John Slessor's brother)? I know
              he died in 1856 but I'm still hoping to find some link to their
              parents Alexander Slessor and Mary McKay.
              Regards,
              Jill

              Date:
              > 11/22/2007 6:55 PM

              11/30/2007 9:26 PM

            • haworth.jill
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 2, 2007

                Date:
                > 11/22/2007 6:55 PM

                11/30/2007 9:26 PM

              • Cci
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 2, 2007
                  Hi Jill,
                  If you ever need to see anything on the 1841 and 1851 census for Peterhead there is the FreeCen site.

                  1841
                  Errol Street, Northside, Peterhead
                  George Slessor, head, mar, 30, Shoemaker journeyman, brn Aberdeenshire
                  Elisabeth Slessor, wife, mar, 25, brn Aberdeenshire

                  1851
                  Errol Street, Peterhead
                  George Slessor, head, mar, 44, Shoemaker, brn Peterhead
                  Elisabeth Slessor, wife, mar, 38, brn Fraserburgh

                  1861
                  Elisabeth Slesser, head, 45, Boarding house keeper, brn Fraserburgh
                  Alexander Buchan, boarder, 28, Turner journeyman, brn Fraserburgh

                  Did'nt see Elisabeth/Elizabeth on the 1871.

                  If you need any more help please don't hesitate to ask.
                  Best wishes,
                  Catherine

                  Date:
                  > 11/22/2007 6:55 PM