RE: [Peterhead] Cemetery Records at Peterhead

  • Brenda Sleight
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 30, 2007
      Greetings Ian, I too would be interested in the CD's of Mary Roberston

      Regards
      Bren

      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comFrom: pmwalker@...: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:16:27 -0800Subject: RE: [Peterhead] Cemetery Records at Peterhead

      Hello IanI too would like to get the CD's if Mary Robertson has them available tosell. Thanks for the information.Pat WalkerNew Westminster BCTel 604-540-8952From: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Peterhead@yahoogroups.com] On BehalfOf Ian RobertsonSent: Monday, November 26, 2007 10:29 AMTo: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comSubject: [Peterhead] Cemetery Records at PeterheadGreeting to those interested in this topic.Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS inAberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about 1822. Ifound two items which may be of interest.1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is buriedwhere in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books is analphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which areorganized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a lair, andbecause most of the records were pretty complete, you can get dates andnames directly from the entries. Offspring are often identified so familyrelationships are often easy to decipher. I believe you must make a personalappearance to look at these records, and a modest fee is charged for theeffort.2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her work torecord tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery, and also atConstitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent correspondence, Mary hassent me four CDs which record in both text and pictures ALL the monumentalinscriptions found at those two cemeteries. With the search abilities of MSWord, family trees just come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yetconfirmed to me she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested,please email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.Sincerely,Ian RobertsonIan D Robertson IncDelta, BC, CanadaV4M 2K3Tel: 604-943-3715fax:604-943-7391email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@robertsoninc. <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca>ca"idr@robertsoninc. <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca> caweb: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertso <http://www.robertsoninc.ca/>ninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.caNo virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.7/1151 - Release Date: 11/25/20074:24 PM[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

    • Ken May
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 30, 2007
        Dear All,

        I too would like to be added to the list, but the cost of sending a large number of CDs around the world would be prohibitive.

        It might be possible to send one CD to each region, then rely on someone there to copy and distribute locally, keeping the costs to a minimum?

        Regards

        Ken

        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 1, 2007
          May I please be included for the CD. I live in Arizona(in the winter) &
          Washington State(in the summer) and would be happy to make copies of the CD
          to send to others in the US, if this would be of any help.

          I too, have quite a few Robertson's from Peterhead as well as other surnames
          and would be happy to share what I do have.

          Regards

          DeLories

          www.tribalpages.com/tribes/cheyne

        • maymyo25
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 7, 2008
            Ian,

            Would you please add my name to the list of people interested in
            purchasing the Peterhead cemetery CD's. I did manage to get to
            Peterhead this year but could only stay a day. I did find one grave I
            was looking for with information provided by the Registrar (alas, no
            headstone) but need more information about the rest of the family
            burials.

            Many thanks,
            Elizabeth Robertson

            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

            > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
            >
            > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
            in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
            1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
            > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
            buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
            is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
            are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
            lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
            get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
            identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
            believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
            and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
            > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
            work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
            and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
            correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
            and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
            cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
            come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
            she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
            email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

            > Sincerely,
            > Ian Robertson
            > Ian D Robertson Inc
            > Delta, BC, Canada
            > V4M 2K3
            > Tel: 604-943-3715
            > fax:604-943-7391
            > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
            > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

            > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            11/25/2007 4:24 PM

          • haworth.jill
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 7, 2008
              Hello Ian: I would be interested in obtaining the CD's that you
              are referring to, with regards to St. Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery
              and Constitution Street Cemetery. Please let me know when they are
              available.
              Thank-you,
              Jill Haworth

              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

              > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
              >
              > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
              in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
              1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
              > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
              buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
              is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
              are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
              lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
              get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
              identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
              believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
              and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
              > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
              work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
              and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
              correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
              and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
              cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
              come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
              she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
              email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

              > Sincerely,
              > Ian Robertson
              > Ian D Robertson Inc
              > Delta, BC, Canada
              > V4M 2K3
              > Tel: 604-943-3715
              > fax:604-943-7391
              > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
              > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

              > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
              11/25/2007 4:24 PM

            • haworth.jill
              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 7, 2008
                Hello Ian: I would be interested in obtaining the CD's that you
                are referring to, with regards to St. Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery
                and Constitution Street Cemetery. Please let me know when they are
                available.
                Thank-you,
                Jill Haworth

                --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                >
                > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
                1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
                are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
                lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
                get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
                identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
                believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
                and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
                and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
                correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
                and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
                cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
                come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
                she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
                email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

                > Sincerely,
                > Ian Robertson
                > Ian D Robertson Inc
                > Delta, BC, Canada
                > V4M 2K3
                > Tel: 604-943-3715
                > fax:604-943-7391
                > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                11/25/2007 4:24 PM

              • DeLories (De)
                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 8, 2008
                  I, like so many, would be interested in the CD's. Let me know how much and
                  where I send the money.

                  I, also, have Robertson's in out Peterhead line as well as many Peterhead
                  ancestors and also from the surrounding areas.

                  Thank you

                  DeLories

                • Gweneth Myers
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 8, 2008
                    G'day Ian
                    Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released. Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
                    Thanks heaps,
                    Gwen Myers.

                    Hello Ian: I would be interested in obtaining the CD's that you
                    are referring to, with regards to St. Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery
                    and Constitution Street Cemetery. Please let me know when they are
                    available.
                    Thank-you,
                    Jill Haworth

                    --- In Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                    > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                    >
                    > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                    in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
                    1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                    > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                    buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                    is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
                    are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
                    lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
                    get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
                    identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
                    believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
                    and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                    > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                    work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
                    and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
                    correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
                    and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
                    cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
                    come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
                    she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
                    email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

                    > Sincerely,
                    > Ian Robertson
                    > Ian D Robertson Inc
                    > Delta, BC, Canada
                    > V4M 2K3
                    > Tel: 604-943-3715
                    > fax:604-943- 7391
                    > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@ ..."idr@. ..
                    > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertso ninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc. ca

                    > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                    11/25/2007 4:24 PM

                  • Ian Robertson
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 9, 2008
                      Greetings to all interested in Peterhead Cemetery Records (and there are dozens of you).

                      Since I first posted my message back in November I have heard from over 30 people. I have also been able to get in contact with the author (with whom I had lost contact temporarily). Initially it was agreed that I would make copies and sell from Canada. Then just after Christmas I received word that a new genealogy group was being set up in Peterhead. It will include a person knowledgeable in IT, and that they would like to make and distribute copies themselves. This is the wish of the author.

                      So for now I would ask everyone to be a bit patient, to wait for a note on this discussion group, and then for you to make your request known to them.

                      As I understand it, the Old Churchyard is a 'finished product', but Mary Robertson wants to do some more work on the Constitution St Cemetery - so I am not sure of its distribution status.

                      Sincerely,
                      Ian Robertson
                      864 Pacific Dr
                      Delta, BC, Canada
                      V4M 2K3
                      Tel: 604-943-3715
                      fax:604-943-7391
                      email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                      web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                    • kathytrevelyan
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008
                        I'd like a CD too please!
                        Kathy

                        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Gweneth Myers <gwenethmyers@...>
                        wrote:

                        > G'day Ian
                        > Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released.
                        Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
                        > Thanks heaps,
                        > Gwen Myers.

                      • kathytrevelyan
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008

                          wrote:

                          > G'day Ian
                          > Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released.
                          Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
                          > Thanks heaps,
                          > Gwen Myers.

                        • traceclip
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008
                            Thank you Ian for posting this information. I am among the interested
                            parties who have not yet registered an interest with you, and will
                            keep an eye on the forum to see when this becomes available.

                            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                            > Greetings to all interested in Peterhead Cemetery Records (and there
                            are dozens of you).

                            > Since I first posted my message back in November I have heard from
                            over 30 people. I have also been able to get in contact with the
                            author (with whom I had lost contact temporarily). Initially it was
                            agreed that I would make copies and sell from Canada. Then just after
                            Christmas I received word that a new genealogy group was being set up
                            in Peterhead. It will include a person knowledgeable in IT, and that
                            they would like to make and distribute copies themselves. This is the
                            wish of the author.

                            > So for now I would ask everyone to be a bit patient, to wait for a
                            note on this discussion group, and then for you to make your request
                            known to them.

                            > As I understand it, the Old Churchyard is a 'finished product', but
                            Mary Robertson wants to do some more work on the Constitution St
                            Cemetery - so I am not sure of its distribution status.

                            > Sincerely,
                            > Ian Robertson
                            > 864 Pacific Dr
                            > Delta, BC, Canada